What are YOUR Top 5 Mushy Foods?

its4maya
on 6/30/11 6:34 am - Cypress, CA
 I'm entering into the mush zone, farewell broths and soups!!  I'd love to hear what mushy foods have helped everyone feel like they're eating real food!
Thanks!!

Need4Change
on 6/30/11 6:58 am - NJ
For breakfast... applesauce, yogurt, protein shake, oatmeal.

For lunch/dinner - blackbean soup, fish filet, palak panner (indian style spinach with tofu is PERFECT for taste and consistency), chili, turkey meatballs with tom sauce, and my  new creation of shrimp pate (read below).

I took shrimp and boiled them, then thru in the food processor with cilantro, red pepper, red onion and water from the pot where i boiled the shrimp to ensure moisture... added some garlic, S & P for flavor.  Served over avocado...mmmm mmmm good   
its4maya
on 6/30/11 7:02 am - Cypress, CA
 Mmmmm....You know how to do 'mushy' right!  Love the shrimp recipe - thanks for sharing!  I think I can find frozen palak paneer at Trader Joe's.  Yum!

Need4Change
on 6/30/11 8:06 am - NJ
Thats where I got mine from - I got tons of stuff from there actually... I love TJ's!

I forgot to mention a couple of important ingredients on the shrimp - add low fat mayo and some dijon mustard to taste when you mu**** in the food processor...  of course you can use lemon too!
roundater
on 6/30/11 8:14 am - Lincoln, NE
Lofat greek yogurt, lofat cottage cheese and protein shakes are what I used. Hope that helps and let me know if I can help.
Rich Sonderegger

shekicks
on 6/30/11 7:18 am - Dallas, GA
My favorite was split pea soup! I thought it was the most delicious thing I had ever put in my mouth!

Beverly

5' 0"              HW-207 / SW-194 / CW-132/ GW-125             57 years old!

acbbrown
on 6/30/11 8:06 am - Granada Hills, CA
Turkey chili, scrambled egg with salsa, cottage cheese, chicken with lemon pepper marinade or a little steak sauce (i use canned chicken, marinate it for a while, and put it in the food chopper without any liquids and it looks like flaky tuna consistency when its done)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

lotusrising
on 6/30/11 9:26 am - San Francisco, CA
Welcome to the Mush Zone! Here are some of my faves from that time:

Greek yogurt with some almond butter and/or sugar free jelly mixed in.
Refried beans with melted cheese, guacamole, salsa and sour cream.
Chicken noodle soup (pureed).
Chicken tikka masala (pureed) with greek yogurt raita.
Cottage cheese with sugar free jelly.

Best of luck :-)

Heather

VSG with Dr. Jossart on 3/10/2011. Height 5'4" | Highest Weight 257 | Surgery Weight 240-ish | Lowest Weight 150 | Current Weight 213

mimikay
on 6/30/11 10:41 am
Cottage cheese, greek yogurt, mashed potatoes w/cheese (didn't have to worry about carbs w/mushies) refried beans w/cheese and eggface's ricotta bake w/marinara sauce were my go to!
  Kay       HW 219/SW 212/CW 134              
angieb77
on 6/30/11 1:09 pm, edited 6/30/11 1:10 am - Blaine, MN
Plain Greek Yogurt with a little bit of splenda
Canned chicken breast pureed with a little bit of low fat mayo seasoned with Ms Dash
Fat free Ricotta cheese
Low fat or fat free cottage cheese

I plan on making some egg salad this weekend with low fat mayo and I might try some scrambled eggs and malt-o-meal.

HW: 375 SW: 325 CW: 263 GW: 160
Pre-Surgery WL: 50lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 403 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 431 views