I'm almost 5 months out and still have questions.....

borntobethin35
on 6/27/11 11:44 pm - VA
First of all I like to say I love my sleeve and I wouldn't trade it for anything in this world.....

I currently intake about 800 calories a day with reaching 100 grams of protein and over 120 ozs of water and I notice I only lose about 2 pds a week.. I burn about 500 calories at the gym on the days I work out. My question is, do I need to incorporate 500 additional calories back in my body since I've burned that much? Because too me (and I'm not genius) it seems like I'm putting my body in starvation mode by only having 300 calories in my body all day if I burn 500 and I only intake 800..... I'm just curious to know if this is why I'm having so many stalls or what. Any advice I'm willing to take right now.....

P.S. I know muscle weighs more than fat!!!

Thanks,
Sheka
HW: 272   SW: 256  CW: 189 GW: 170

1st  Goal:    245:    
Achieved
2nd Goal:    220:    Achieved
3rd  Goal:    199:    Achieved
Final goal:   170

"I thank GOD for allowing me this opportunity to turn my life around"

acbbrown
on 6/28/11 12:03 am - Granada Hills, CA
Yes! You should consume a few more calories. I'd suggest a carby/protein snack before working out, and protein after your workout. That way you are getting the maximum benefit of your additional calories and workout.

However, 2lbs a week is a good rate. Keep up the good work with the exercise! When you reach maintenance, you will appreciate the increase in lean muscle mass (will make your metabolism higher and easier to maintain).

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

faylavi
on 6/28/11 12:11 am - Laurel, MD
 Congratulations!!!  Add a few more calories for energy.

borntobethin35
on 6/28/11 12:46 am - VA
Hey Fay,

Yea I'm going to try that... Have you heard from Romy? I wanted to make sure she was okay!

Sheka
faylavi
on 6/28/11 12:55 am - Laurel, MD
 Sheka

I have been MIA too, so no I have not heard from Romy.  I will send her a note.

Keep up the FANTASTIC work!

Fay
Valsdetermined2lose
on 6/28/11 12:14 am
Yes i would add more calories if yor burning that much during workouts. Thats the thing that gets me , when i work out and burn calories myfitnesspal says i should add them back into my diet but for now im doing walking on the treadmill and will only burn about 200 calories, wish i could do more but it seems when i do my body starts to stall for a minute. It's crazy girl, keep doing a great job! And yes muscle weighs more than fat so i try not to tone and workout at the same time. I have to change my routine and some days just tone and on others burn fat with cardio.
 HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

borntobethin35
on 6/28/11 12:41 am - VA
Hi Val,

Thanks for responding! I notice I stall a lot too and I starting to think it's because I burned so many calories but I truly enjoy working out. ( I always have) Thats why I wanted VSG instead of any other surgery because I just need my food intake to decrease because I had the workout part down pack. But I'm going to try and up my calorie intake because I notice myfitnesspal tells me too as well. I have to incorporate toning on the same day I run because I only workout every other day. If I worked out everyday I would not lose anything (instead I would gain) so I finally figured out to only work out 3 times a week since I enjoy running. But thanks so much for the advice. Any advice right now is greatly appreciated!!! Oh by the way, you have done great with your weight loss!

Sheka
Lalamonkey
on 6/28/11 12:31 am - GA
Sorry no advice... Just wanted to say "dam girl"  You are doing wonderful!!!! 

I am amazed at the 100g of protein and the 120oz of water - You put me to shame.  I am going to need to step up my game.

borntobethin35
on 6/28/11 12:44 am - VA
Hey my sleeve sista. You have done just as well! I enjoy water because I run 3 times a week so that's why I'm able to get that much water in. How I'm able to get that much protein is, I only eat things high in protein like tuna, fish, and about time protein shakes.
faylavi
on 6/28/11 12:59 am - Laurel, MD
 You ladies are too ambitious for me *stepping aside*.  I am clinging to my role as a slow loser/ bring up the rear (no pun intended), someone's gotta do it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 465 views