6 weeks out question

karen203
on 6/27/11 8:53 am - Meriden, CT
RNY on 03/31/16
I was wondering what raw veggies were you introducing at this time?

Karen

emelar
on 6/27/11 9:02 am - TX
Brocolli florets and baby spinach, a bit of mushroom.  I still needed most of my sleeve's capacity to fit in protein, so veggies were few and in tiny amounts.
wert
on 6/27/11 9:05 am - MN
At 6 weeks I was still on soft foods. I've just recently started raw veggies. My garden lettuce is coming in nice and that's about all the veggies I eat so far. Steamed broccoli, too.  

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

roundater
on 6/27/11 9:09 am - Lincoln, NE
Steamed broccoli and green beans for me. Again, getting in the protein is the challenge.
Rich Sonderegger

Jessi Bates
on 6/27/11 9:17 am - Canada
Hi it is me again. Love broccoli & green beans. If you are having trouble with getting the right amount of protien why not try oats in the morning mixed with hulled hemp seeds. Great taste, high protien. Good for you. I can get you a website where you can get it. I used to use it all the time but now since my surgery was only 5 days ago I have to wait until I am able to eat solids again. Once that happens I may never eat jello again. LOL

One more dumb question on the ticker tape. How do you get that little critter to move when you lose weight? I am very dumb on these things.

Jessi
Jessi Bates   
06/22/11 - First Day of My Life Thanks To Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon TJ Mexico      
roundater
on 6/27/11 9:28 am - Lincoln, NE
usually have been getting in the protein OK. the protein shakes with 40 grams usually do the job. As far as the ticker be sure to enter your weight each day in the Tools section under the Body Tracker subsection. Hope this helps
Rich Sonderegger

Jessi Bates
on 6/27/11 9:33 am - Canada
Thank you again for your help. I think I am on track now. What a learning curve.
jessi
Jessi Bates   
06/22/11 - First Day of My Life Thanks To Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon TJ Mexico      
roundater
on 6/27/11 11:35 am - Lincoln, NE
You're welcome. Let me know if I can help again.
Rich Sonderegger

Heidi V.
on 6/27/11 9:14 am - Cardinal, Canada
Revision on 01/13/14
I haven't had any raw veggies yet...8 weeks out. I steam broccoli....yum!

Revision from sleeve to RNY is set for January 13, 2014.

califsleevin
on 6/27/11 9:21 am - CA
Steamed broccoli and artichoke, bit of sauteed bell pepper and onion with steak or chicken sometimes, will frequently have a mini-petite southwest salad with a couple ounces of leftover steak or chicken with a few grams each of chopped spinach, pepper, green onion, shredded carrot, avo, grape tomato. I'm at seven weeks, but have been having these in variations for several weeks. Will sometimes throw a few raspberries into the greek yogurt. Protein has never been a problem with me so the doc suggested starting to add some veg in around the end of week two

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 283 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views