Must have hubby hide the scale (day 4, no loss)

sleevegirl
on 6/24/11 10:10 pm - Austin, TX
I know it's fluid or whatever. You can officially scold me. I stepped on without thinking. I'm the same exact weight as I was on 6/21 before surgery. LOL. 

I'm not going to freak out out though. Heck, I'm definitely not eating anything. It's kinda funny, at first I was like "what?" but then I remembered. I don't have a drain, they pumped saline into me, my body has been through major trauma. Duh!

It'll come off.

Okay, I've confessed.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

metime
on 6/24/11 10:14 pm - chesapeake, VA
I was told that I may actually leave the hospital weighing more and I did...because of the fluids. Give your body some time to recover!!  your right it will come off.

Jacquie0120
on 6/24/11 11:03 pm - Manorville, NY
 I left the hospital with a drain for 5 days and I weighed 8 lbs more after surgery than I did morning of surgery.  I am one week out now and have lost those 8 lbs plus another 8 lbs!  Do not worry about the scale!  It will catch up!
Ms. Poker Face
on 6/24/11 11:12 pm
I weighed exactly 10 pounds more right after surgery than I did right before surgery.  This morning, Im' back to pre-surgery weight so I'm pretty happy about having lost all 10 of those pounds already.  It'll happen.  How are you doing on fluids?  I'm struggling but trying to get enough in to avoid dehydration and a trip to the ER.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

sleevegirl
on 6/24/11 11:29 pm - Austin, TX
So far, fluids aren't too bad. Water does that gurgle thing as it goes down. Kind of like if put too much into a funnel ad ou have to wait for the air  to come up and let more liquid down? Isopure seems to go down the easiest - especially if iot's really cold. I've managed to get down righ at 64 oz each day. 

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Caligirlgina
on 6/24/11 11:48 pm - CA
I am 8 days out now and I had my husband hide the scale from me! I am a totally OCD freak when it comes to weighing so I did not want to get discouraged. I went in to surgery at 281.9 and the next morning the lady weighed me and I was 291. I wanted to freak out but knew it was just all the liquids. I only had a drain for one day in the hospital so I have no clue where I am as far as weight. I am hoping to have at least got off th water weight and a little more! I go Tues for a check up and that is when I will weight.
Gina
  1Mo(July 17, 2011) 265.1 (-28.7) Whoo hooo2Mo (Aug 17, 2011) 258.7 (-6.4) 3mo-253.5(-5.2) Finally broke a 5 week stall

cabcab
on 6/25/11 12:09 am
VSG on 01/06/11 with
My doctor told me not to weigh for a while after my surgery because a lot of people gain weight.  I didn't end up weighing for two weeks after my surgery (and lost 13.8 pounds during that period!)

So don't freak out, it will come off.
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

felicity2u
on 6/25/11 12:47 am - LA

My suggestion to you is not to step on the scale for the first month unless it's at the doctor's office.  Your body after surgery has so much craziness happening that it can really mess with your head if your getting on the scale every day! For the first month, I got on the scale at my two week check up with the doctor and saw a loss and then a month follow up with the doctor and saw a loss.  I know it's hard to do because your so excited to see what's happening but trust me, it you get on every day, it will play with your emotions. After a month and a half that is when I started weighing in once a week.  Even now, I don't get on the scale every day! Tell your husband to give you the scale once a week after a month, lol! It will come off! Trust me it just takes time!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

SkinnyKrissy
on 6/25/11 2:09 am - NJ
LOL! I dont know if you saw my post, I had the VSG on Monday and by Wednesday night I was TWENTY FIVE POUNDS HIGHER than pre-op. So be lucky you stayed the same!!!! Amazing how everyone is different.
rdd9348
on 6/25/11 2:14 am - OR
I was up ten pounds right after surgery.  Back to surgery weight around the end of the first week.  Then another ten fell off the next week.  What you are going through is normal.  Just give it a few more days.
Highest-285, Start WLS Program-267, Surgery-245, Current-196, Goal-148 
                                   Short Term Goal - Under 185 by 10/15/11           
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 399 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views