how long after surgery for colds???

jmaggs215
on 6/26/11 3:45 am - MD
About how long after surgery could your stomach/pouch/nana handle cold drinks?  I was one of those people who would drink everything almost frozen but now these luke warm warters are starting to suck.   But I tried the day after surgery and I could feel everythng tighten up when I drank cold. 

Just looking for answers/ideas.  Now that I have had this surgery I am posting a ton of questions. 
Jackie        
cabcab
on 6/26/11 3:49 am
VSG on 01/06/11 with
I was drinking my water COLD from the time I could drink after surgery (day three for me - I was so nauseated the first two days I couldn't drink anything at all.)  I didn't like lukewarm before the surgery and although I knew that a lot of people couldn't tolerate cold drinks after surgery, I still preferred the cold stuff.

Although, when I would drink my broth, I liked that really hot.  Nothing in the lukewarm range though.
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

roundater
on 6/26/11 3:58 am - Lincoln, NE
I had cold liquids right after surgery without problem. Make sure it is OK with your doc first. Congrats and good luck.
Rich Sonderegger

MediumSoon
on 6/26/11 4:09 am - TX
I didn't have trouble with cold from the start, but I know many people do better with warm liquids at first.

rdd9348
on 6/26/11 4:12 am - OR
Pre-surgery I LOVED my cold drinks.  A month out now and - Not so much.  For me, room temperature and warm liquids seem to go down much more easily.  I still drink some cold ones, but they take a lot longer to finish and I just don't care for them as much as I did before.
Highest-285, Start WLS Program-267, Surgery-245, Current-196, Goal-148 
                                   Short Term Goal - Under 185 by 10/15/11           
Chimere
on 6/26/11 4:35 am
I like my stuff really cold too.  I was kinda wondering about this too. Nice post
momokc
on 6/26/11 5:19 am
 I got nausea for the first three weeks when I tried to drink cold drinks so I drank room temp or warm.  I think it is a personal thing. Try a little bit and if it doesn't make you sick, try a little more. Just remember the first couple of weeks or so you can only eat or drink 1-2 oz of anything!  Cold drinks made me so nauseated that I had to stay in the hospital an extra day to make sure that was all it was.   

Best of luck, 
Granny

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views