I can't seem to make it all fit in.

Sandra R.
on 6/18/11 8:16 am
I am 10 months post-op and down 117lbs. I honestly haven't followed a diet nor have I had the proper amount of protein intake everyday. But it's never too late. So I am reaching out to everyone for ways to try to meet that 70-80 grams of protein.

PaulaS
on 6/18/11 9:02 am - TX
megamommy
on 6/18/11 9:03 am
I cant answer your question as I havent had the surgery yet but wanted to say Congrats on your WL!

PaulaS
on 6/18/11 9:06 am - TX
I sometimes still have trouble getting all my protein in, but it is all about choices and eating more than 3 times a day for me.   I have done well today, so I'll post what I have eaten, followed by calories/carbs/protein.
Siggi's Icelandic Yogurt - 100/11/14
6 thin slices chicken lunch meat - 50/2/9
w./ 2 low-fat string cheese - 120/0/14
3 oz. Schwans Oven Roasted Chicken Bites - 90/1/19
4 boiled shrimp (2 oz.) - 40/0/9
4 Shelly's Italian Crab Bites - 109/4/10
Sirloin Steak - Grilled, 2 oz - 152/0/16

Totals for the day:
661 calories
18 carbs
91 protein.

I try really hard not to do protein shakes or bars, but sometimes when I am on the go I have a bar to eat, usually Balance Gold Lemon Meraingue which is 200/23/14.   These really up my carbs.     Often for breakfast or a snack I'll eat 2 string cheese which is 120/2/16 or 2% cottage cheese for 100/6/12 plus maybe 1/2 one of the 4 pack containers of pineapple for 30/8/0. 

We always try to have grilled chicken, salmon and maybe steak in the fridge.    In fact, tonight hubby is cooking 2 steaks, 8 chicken breasts and a few chicken tenders on the grill now.    

Just some suggestions that may or may not work for you, depending on what you like.  

Good luck, it looks like you are doing great to me!    117# - WOW - that is GREAT!!!!!. 

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
theshrinkingmimi
on 6/19/11 12:25 pm
How do you do all of that and still get in your water? I would think that with the waiting to drink rule, you would not have enough time in the day to ge****er.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
PaulaS
on 6/19/11 8:59 pm - TX
Initially, it was hard.   But, now I almost never have a hard time getting in my water.   The only time I do have a hard time is if I get busy and get behind in the morning ~ then it is hard to catch up in the afternoon.    That said, I really do not like drinking that much every day yet.  I just am plain not thirsty. 

My plan lets me drink up until I eat, then no drinking for 30 minutes after.   I know some plans have you not drinking before and after meals, and/or for longer periods of time.    One time I forgot and drank earlier and I won't make that mistake again - it hurt!

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
(deactivated member)
on 6/18/11 9:54 am
I can't do it without adding a premade shake a day.  I also add Dessert powdered protien in vanilla to my coffee, pudding cups,  etc.  I add unflavored to soup or even salads(I put it in the salad dressing) , just about anything that will absorb the powders in just a teaspoon or so. All those little bits add up in a day.  I double shot the shakes sometime by adding a scoop of protien to the protien shake, I know some people have said your system can only absorb a certain amount but based on so many different opinions I will just take my chances.  I never eat anything that has more carbs than protien and even try to keep the carbs at half the protein level. I keep the carbs at 40 per day  and have been able to get in as many as 100 grams of protein per day.  My snacks are all protein based like jerkey, meats, fish, I also love dried fish snacks like dried cuttlefish (its kind of sweet and very cheap) You have to eat a few shreds of them as the first taste is sort of wierd but it grows on you.  I also like dried shrimp, salami chips and pork skins.  Some people make cheese chips but I haven't tried it yet, also garbanzo beans that have been roasted and dried with seasonings.  All are high protien and worth the trying.
VSGbyACEVES
on 6/18/11 12:46 pm - UT
Good Post--thanks!!
VSGbyACEVES
on 6/18/11 12:43 pm - UT
I am an old chick so I decided that even if I did not follow the diet I am working to get 90 grams of protein per day!  And let me tell you, my fingernails are sure telling me that I am doing the right thing for my body because I have never had such strong nails....or this long.

So, 90 grams per day has really really worked for me....and this is so simple to do.  I went to GNC [not my normal place to shop] but I saw this on the forum and just did it.  Here is what I do daily.

ONE Isopure Shake which is 50 grams of Protein.  I divide my morning shake into 2 twelve oz mason jars, drink one ASAP and drink the second later in the day.

I drink ONE Isopure Zero Carb drink [I like the Icy Orange + the one that is banana-strawberry-mango]-- this drink has 40 grams of PROTEIN.  Those two drinks brings me up to 90 grams of protein / day.

Pretty EZ.
(deactivated member)
on 6/18/11 1:20 pm
You know what? My nails are strong as a board and they grow so fast that I have to keep trimming them to keep them at a useable length.  I thought it was from the Biotin I have been taking...LOL! I guess it doesnt matter does it?