Help with Vitamins!

Helen S.
on 6/18/11 1:25 am - TX
 Hi Everyone! My surgery is scheduled for Tuesday the 21st. YAY!!! I had my pre-op appointment Thursday and nothing was mentioned about vitamins. Then I came home and read my manual and it explains all the vitamins I need. But what it doesn't say is when I should start them. Should it be now, or when I go for my 1st week appointment? If I start now, I'm really lost as to what I should take in the way of chewables. Can you guys tell me when you started on all your vitamins and what kind you take? I would REALLY appreciate your input. Thanks! :)
Brenda L.
on 6/18/11 2:05 am - Raleigh, NC
Hello Helen....I started taking my vitamins before surgery and I take Bariatric Fusion. They are chewables and come in different flavors....I love the berry. Congratulations and best of luck with your surgery!

Brenda
  Brendini                                                              
Helen S.
on 6/18/11 2:15 am - TX
 Thanks Brenda! I'm thinking they might sell those in the office. 
Texasky
on 6/18/11 2:56 pm
ok are you ready for my opinion...i thought you were. My multi-vit is flintstone complete...but im still a young buck you know...well not that young. i started out with bariatric Advandtage. but i couldnt handle the chalky taste...and the Iron pill was  ummm gross. So thats why i went to flintstone complete. I understand Centrum has a good chewable but havent found it in complete yet. Also, you will have a B12 under the tounge. oh and 1 more....Vitamin D + Calcium Citrate. These are in a choc are carmal chew form, plus other flavors. I will be asking my Dr on Thursday if i can go to the pill form, cause the chews to me are not so good anymore .I'm not negative I just can't hande the taste anymore. Turns my stomach just at the thought of taking them. I started mine 1 week after surgrey.
Oh, and good luck Tuesday, will have you in my prayers...
Helen S.
on 6/19/11 11:53 am - TX
Flinestones, huh? Yeh, I'm too old for those. LOL  Gosh, all the vitamins... I'm going to need a written shedule!!!! 
Texasky
on 6/21/11 8:51 pm
oh i forgot your a centrum silver...whatever...your not old.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views