Day 2 of 2 week liquid diet

jmaggs215
on 6/10/11 1:54 am - MD
So I am only on day 2 of this two week liquid diet and I am missing food so much already.  I never noticed all of the food comercials on tv or how many food places I pass on my way to work, it's crazy.  No wonder I gained all this weight. 

I have the worst headache now.  I am scared to take aspirin or something for fear that it will upset my stomach since it's empty.  what to do, what to do......
Jackie        
MediumSoon
on 6/10/11 1:59 am - TX
Not sure about your plan but i didn't let myself get hungry. I had broth when I felt hungry. It gets easier after a few days... But really - you've just got to make it through.

lindym
on 6/10/11 2:27 am - Canada
VSG on 04/12/11 with
I know it sucks really bad but time marches on and you'll be on the losers bench before you know it. I found it got significantly better by around day 5, so hang in there, it is so worth it!

jmaggs215
on 6/10/11 2:36 am - MD

Everytime I start to wonder if I really want to do this I look at the before and after pictures on here and I realize that if other people can do this, so can I.  I will fight my way through this, my head is just pounding today.  When I go home I will get some soup and I hope that makes me feel better. 

Jackie        
Irinek
on 6/10/11 2:56 am - MI
Broth really helped me during this stage.  I never liked sweets so drinking to sweet protien shakes and eating the jello was two weeks of hell.  I would make my own broth or I would drain my favorite soup and us a spoon to eat "dinner" with the family.  Hang in there and you will be fine.  Just remember you will be on it for a while longer after your surgery but you won't be hungry at all.

Samantha L.
on 6/10/11 2:59 am
the first 4 days were the hardest for me. after that, my body stopped feeling like it was starving for real food. just stick it out the first few days, it will get easier!

i made soups and drank broth, alternating with sweet protein shakes and it was easy for me with the variety (try to be careful about not overdoing on the salt, its easy to with the broths and soup)
stephany48463
on 6/10/11 4:01 am
the first few days really are the worst. I had to do three weeks, after the first couple days I got used to it, I even made it through a week at my county fair, so its doable. I do remember very clearly that on my first day of my liquid diet my son and I were watching TV and this stupid Rally's commercial for the $! A1 and onion ring burger kept playing over and over and over, like it was taunting me! a couple months later we got stuck going to rally and I ordered that stupid burger and ate 3 whole delicious bites, and haven't been back since!
45 lbs lost pre op
first goal 199 reached 2-3-11
second goal 175 reached 6-1-11              
Samantha L.
on 6/10/11 4:04 am
yeahhhhh my sisters brought pizza over THREE TIMES while i was on my 2 week preop diet. i was mad, lol
nutbar21
on 6/10/11 5:36 am - CA
I am on day 6 and starving too.  I have been sticking to non-sweet stuff like broth.  It helps to have a huge warm cup standing by.  I have been getting headaches and I am also really lightheaded.  I have taken advil (even on an empty stomach) and havent had any problems.  The trick for me is to not let too much time pass between meals (drinks).

lucy2e
on 6/10/11 5:44 am - Laurel, MD
the first three days are the absolute worst!!!!  SF popcycles got me thru the worst of it.  I can remember on day 3 my buddy at work had a cheeseburger and fries, then I got home and a Wendy's cheeseburger add came on - then my daughters BF came in with a 5 guys bag.  I told him to get his ass on the deck - then I headed out in the car to CVS and just sobbed the whole way! 

you can do this - it is rough, but you are strong!  I got the barriatric advantage meal replacement unflavored and put things in like peanut butter, or sf puddings.  the thickness filled me up and then a popcycle at night made it feel less liquidy!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 395 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views