Addicted to SF Popcicle???

cjpenn728
on 5/24/11 1:07 pm - LA
Hey ya'll-- got a silly but quick question--- I have been addicted to sugar free popcicles.... Its like crack-- I get all my protein in and all but I LOVE these things! Is this a bad thing? I sometimes eat 4 or more in a day. Is that too much-- anyone else have this same reaction?

5'4~ HW 274~ SW 268~ GW 150 or less
Elaine2
on 5/24/11 1:39 pm - Atlanta, GA
At about 15 cals and < 1g carbs, you probably aren't hurting your numbers as long as you meet your other goals.

However (and I'll probably get criticized for saying this but WTH), you have enough concern to post the question. I think that any food that you may consider an "addiction" is not good. That's not to say never have one or two. But if it's something you graze on or use it to relieve boredom, is it the same path you may have traveled before? I ran into the same problem with cheese sticks...just to easy to grab one for a quick snack when it wasn't snack time. Had to cut them out for awhile and only get them occasionally now.

Just my opinion.
cjpenn728
on 5/24/11 1:44 pm - LA
Makes sence..... I don't know if its going down that path but its the thing that taste the best these days.. Its my one pleasure each day. I don't know if its an addiction but before the sleeve I liked the "fun pops" that kids eat in the summers. I would grab them when I was hungry but didn't want to eat really bad. Anyway- thanks for the input.

5'4~ HW 274~ SW 268~ GW 150 or less
Elaine2
on 5/24/11 1:50 pm - Atlanta, GA

I like them, too. Just feel we need to be vigilant so that we don't start bad habits again...even if they are really lower calorie choices.

MikeyMike
on 5/24/11 8:10 pm - New York, NY
I love 'em too. I think I had about 5 of them yesterday. I wouldn't call it an addiction. I find them to be a great alternative to eating a snickers bar.

Sure there are other items and I can vary my choices. But I love the old saying "If it's not Broke...Don't Fix it"

Works for me....

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

wls2011
on 5/25/11 12:29 am - Ballston Lake, NY
 I have been eating 2-4 a day since surgery...I figure it is getting me fluids I need in a much better, tastier way. Plus, in the beginning, it was the only thing I could tolerate, besides water and ice chips.

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

cannonkb
on 5/25/11 2:29 am - SC
I'm with you on the SF Popcicles!  I eat probably 3-4 per day.  In fact, Publix had them buy one get one free this week and I bought 2 boxes!  I realize what people are saying about heading down the wrong path but I look at it this way......." I am a work in progress, Rome wasn't built in a day.  If this is what gets me thru the day at this point at only 15 calories so be it!"   As long as this doesn't turn into a gateway food to something else what does it matter if you eat 3-4(60 clalories) of them a day for the rest of your life?  That is just my .02 cents worth.  Happy popcicle eating!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 277 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views