Let's talk equipment - Magic Bullet... and... ?

sleevegirl
on 5/24/11 10:17 pm - Austin, TX
I bought a magic bullet the other day for making shakes. I like that it makes them in the cup, less for me to wash/deal with.

Should I also get a stick/immersion blender? Or will the bullet handle the same types of things?

I have small plates, big water bottles... I feel like I'm missing something obvious... (well, other than my own sleeve, of course!)

-SG

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Vivian Prouty
on 5/24/11 10:26 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Morning,

I have magic bullet but I love my Ninja much better than the bullet.    I would go and get some small containers ( 1/4 - 1/2 cup size ), baby silverware ( to insure small bites **** trays ( to freeze small portions of food in ( perfect portion size for newbies ).    Those are just some things that I can come up with off the top of my head this AM.    Good luck to you on your sleeve.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

sleevegirl
on 5/25/11 1:08 am - Austin, TX
Thanks Vivian - Ice cube trays are a great idea. I don't think I want to deal with baby silverware. I just can't imagine doing that. LOL. But I do have some nice little plates and stuff like that...

Thanks! Eeep!

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Vivian Prouty
on 5/25/11 1:22 am - Fort Worth, TX
 The reason I used baby silverware was to insure that I took tiny bites.   Trust me....there is NO WAY you can take huge bites with those.   Also try to remember when you get on solid foods to lay your spoon or fork down between bites.

Hugs and blessings ~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

wls2011
on 5/24/11 11:55 pm - Ballston Lake, NY
 I LOVE my Vitamix blender, it will blend/puree ANYTHING...

But I did buy a little travel stick blender and also a small shaker cup, since I'm going on multiple trips this summer. Don't know how well they work yet, haven't tried them.

I also bought a Bubba slim cup with the sippy lid, since it is so great for insulating and keeping things cold and since we can't use straws after surgery. I figured it is better than drinking out of a toddler's sippy cup! LOL

I also skipped the baby plates, silverware, etc...couldn't bring myself to that.. Instead, I bought cute appetizer plates, bowls, appetizer silverware, and mini stuff at Bed, bath, and beyond, they have the greatest selection.

Oh, the greatest thing I bought and use constantly is Anchor's little glass measuring cup that has all the ounces, tablespoons,etc written on it... I got the size that goes up to 5 ounces. I measure all my liquids. Been using it since first day home from hospital.

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

sleevegirl
on 5/25/11 1:14 am - Austin, TX
Ah yes, I keep forgetting to get some small measuring cups. I do have a tare-featured scale to pick up though. Never heard of the Bubba slim cup, I'll have to take a look at that one!

Yeah, I have a trip 4 weeks after surgery - conference, so I'll need to figure something out for that. I have a few shake cups, figure I'll test that out and if it sucks, try to find pre-mixed (with no soy - I'm allergic - this seems to be the biggest challenge I've run into actually) shakes.

Thanks so much!

wls2011
on 5/25/11 12:02 am - Ballston Lake, NY
 Oh, I forgot...I also got the ramekins everyone talks about...haven't used yet. And some other glass containers with lids. I got as many things I could find in 4 oz size, since that is what my nutritionist says to eat longterm. I also got some containers in 8 oz size. I got things that could go in microwave, oven, fridge, you name it...

I double my batch of protein shake, so I don't have to blend as much, then separate it into (two) 4 oz servings.

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/11 12:15 am
I used my Magic Blender for everything, didn't need another blender stick or otherwise.  I already had those small 1/2 cup, 1/4 cup re sealable plastic containers for leftovers (Glad makes them)
they sell for like 2 or 3 dollars for 4 or more.  Thats all I needed.  I don't buy special stuff just
for a few weeks.  I generally just use what is on hand.
sleevegirl
on 5/25/11 1:19 am - Austin, TX
That's pretty much my thought so I'm trying to think long term (thus not bothering with baby silverware LOL). I have a bunch of those Glad things you're talking about so I'm good there too. 

I just feel like I'm missing something obvious LOL (maybe nerves/excitement). I have some sample vitamins to try... I'm scared of anything chewable and vitamin though. Blech.

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/11 1:31 am

Celebrate has some really yummy sample packs of vitimins that are all chewable that you can go to the website and get a free sample pack.  It has a lot of samples in the pack too.  Almost all the shakes will send you sample packs but you have to pay for shipping, usually about 2 or 3 dollars.  To be truthful I didn't taste one single sample that I liked, some didn't taste anything like the name on it.  (cake batter was gross and not at all like cake batter) I just sent for a brand called Desert and sent for the whole container which was about 17.00 and it was really good.  I got vanilla then added some sugarfree flavoring to my shakes to make it taste different as I wanted.  I added a quarter banana or a few strawberries or some hazelnut flavor etc.  I also added it to my coffee for a yummy coffee treat.  I did try the Unjury single serve packet of chicken soup and hated that but found it made a great seasoning to add to deviled eggs and gave it that extra punch of protein.  I used the Unjury unflavored in beverages with success.  I think everyones tastes changes so much that you really need to get some samples to try after surgery because what tasted good before doesn't always taste good after. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 399 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views