Gel capsule question

Bianca F.
on 4/18/11 2:34 am

I m almost 5 and ½ months out from the sleeve surgery and I was wonder if I can start taking gel capsule pills.

So far I only took tables but I want to try this high zinc and it’s coming only in gel capsule.

My surgeon told me to stay away from it as much as I can I m not sure about it since I asked him if I can switch to normal over the counter multivitamins and he told me to stay with Bariatric Advance chewable once…

Does anybody had any problem taking gel capsules after surgery???

Thanks….

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter."

cattywompos
on 4/18/11 2:37 am
I can't see why there would be a problem with it since you are 4 months out. I could take a regular multi and stuff at 6 weeks. I actually think gel would be easier???
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

USAF Wife
on 4/18/11 2:37 am
Zero issues with any type of pill since around 6-7 weeks post-op. I swallow those enormous Dayquil/Nyquil liquid caps without issue, and have forever.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/11 4:30 am
VSG on 03/14/11 with
What did you take for calcium around that same time?  I'm sick of the powder and sick of the chewables.....
Bianca F.
on 4/18/11 4:08 pm
Jewel,

I take Soft chews chocolate calcium suppliments from Walmart. I wasn't able to take the bariatric calcium pills from the beginnig, make me gag.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter."

sedonagirl67
on 4/18/11 5:45 am - Gilbert, AZ
VSG on 11/16/10 with
I have been taken Liquigels for about 3 1/2 months and haven't had any trouble.  I actually think they work pretty well. 
Laurie  

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."  TH Thompson & John Watson

Bianca F.
on 4/18/11 4:10 pm
Thank u guys for the answers....

I took today the first gel capsule and i was okay, so i will try it for awhile, hopefully will help with my hair....

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 68 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 253 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views