Taken Off My Blood Pressure Pills Today

wanttobehalfofme
on 4/15/11 1:04 pm - MI
Went to my family doc today because I was having an issue with dizziness while taking my bp meds. She took me off my bp meds because I don't need them any more. One pill down and some others hopefully will be discontinued.

sleeve genie
on 4/15/11 1:08 pm - Alhambra, CA
That's wonderful news.  I too got off both bp meds about 3 weeks post op and now i take my bp everyday and today it was 111/65  with no meds needed  Yahoo!!  all my other medical issues have resolved too and hopefully all of yours will be too.  Great news,  thanks for sharing  :o) Jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Valerie K.
on 4/15/11 1:17 pm - Dearborn, MI
 Way to go. I did the same as you with the pills getting dizzy all the time so no more pills. Keep it going great job.
My surgeon gave me the tool. Now it is up to me to use it right.

DeeAnnM
on 4/15/11 1:18 pm
Really great job! 
Jennifer M.
on 4/15/11 1:29 pm - Goodyear, AZ
 AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    
 ...a work in progress...    
Dixie Darlin'
on 4/15/11 1:42 pm
Congrats!  I was on 5 bp meds and now I take 3.  I think I will be down to 2 in a few days.  Hopefully, I will be able to get off them all when I lose all my weight!

Dixie Darlin'
HW 252 / Consult Weigh 247 /SW 235 / CW 187 / GW 160  

NevaehKelly
on 4/15/11 1:50 pm
I went to my doc yesterday for a visit after my surgery last Friday and I had not taken them since the day of my surgery and he said I didn't need them anymore either. He was amazed how it had went from 160s/110s to 120/80 range and even said he approved of everything my "Mexican" surgeon suggested. I walked out smiling for the first time in ages.
dannigirl08
on 4/15/11 9:22 pm - MD
That's wonderful news....I can't wait for the day that I am taken off my bp meds.  I have one more appt with my nutritionist and then I wait for my referral!!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/15/11 11:13 pm - MI
Yeah I quit taking mine because I felt so weak and dizzy too. I have my own cuff so I knew that my bp was low. I think it is so interesting how insurance co want us all on pills to keep us living. When the root of most of the health issues is obesity. But they won't cover the surgery. They depend on us being unhealthy......
CEEW
on 4/18/11 7:23 am
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM.....I'VE BEEN ON BP MEDS FOR 10 YEARS. I STARTED CHECKING MY BP EVERYDAY AND COULD'NT BELIVE HOW LOW IT WAS !!! I WAS ONLY A MONTH OUT...... MY DOTOR TOOK ME OFF MY PILLS.....I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD BE PILL FREE !!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 391 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views