surgery is only a tool

faedra
on 4/14/11 3:03 am - El Cajon, CA
I am only 6 months out and I am already starting to gain weight back. I know what I am doing wrong and yes I am scared because I have lost over 100 pounds and now see the scale moving up.
This whole thing is a head trip. I really thought once I have a new chance of doing it and losing the weight I would but it looks like this is not the magic key for me. Sucks but it is reality. I still have more work to do and the newbies really need to get this it is not a magic we have to do our part also
Kristy R.
on 4/14/11 3:20 am - Santa Clara, CA
 Good post.  I have never, ever thought this was a magic cure for weight loss.  And I don't want one, because I want something that works.  Which means me doing my part to change the habits that got me here.  You will get back on track, you already caught yourself.  
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

borntobethin35
on 4/14/11 3:21 am - VA
I'm glad you posted this because this is a wake up call that this is "JUST A TOOL" not a "MIRACLE". We have to do our part by exercising and eating right, not just for now but forever.... I know you will get back on track because you came to right place for support and that's OH. Good luck!

Sheka
HW: 272   SW: 256  CW: 189 GW: 170

1st  Goal:    245:    
Achieved
2nd Goal:    220:    Achieved
3rd  Goal:    199:    Achieved
Final goal:   170

"I thank GOD for allowing me this opportunity to turn my life around"

ccbelle14
on 4/14/11 9:48 am - Minneapolis, MN
"surgery is only a tool" - AMEN to that. It's good that you're able to recognize what is holding you up and can move forward.

Have you read "The Thin Commandments" by Steven Gullo? It's been recommended on here a lot, especially by Brandilynn. I'm reading it now for the second time. There are a lot of useful strategies in there for fighting the head hunger and head issues that lead you to eating more. It might be useful as you reconfirm yourself to the sleeve.

Good luck!

Highest Weight (2008): 360  Surgery Consult Weight: 340  Day of Surgery: 318
Height: 5'10"
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 309 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 356 views