Surgery Monday April 18

jbug77
on 4/12/11 12:15 pm
Getting Surgery Monday the 18....So excited!!!!  Just wondering if anybody can share tips with me on getting in my water and proteins!!

Thanks
June

Elaine2
on 4/12/11 12:40 pm, edited 4/12/11 12:41 pm - Atlanta, GA
Congrats on your 4/18 surgery. I hope everything goes great.

The first few weeks are the most difficult (but critical) getting used to the 64oz of fluids and protein, in my opinion. I suggest pre planning. For several months after my surgery, I always premeasured both protein and water.
For water - I took 3 blender bottles (20+ oz size) and filled them up. I had to finish them daily.
Mine have measurements down the side. So I would sip about 4 - 5 oz every hour.....15 hours and I'd finish that goal. I don't premeasure any more but I'm always aware of how much I've already consumed.
For protein--a little more difficult. Almost a year out and I still have a protein shake every morning. Some are premade and sometimes I make my own with water/milk, protein powder and flavoring. I've never been much of a breakfast person, so this is a great start to my day.

For me---the key has been planning and breaking the needs down to an hourly schedule until it becomes more habit than anything.

Hope that helps.

ksing6691
on 4/13/11 2:34 pm - Sacramento, CA

Jus wanted to say congrats to u on your upcoming surgery. I know u are super excited. Keep us posted and I pray you have a speedy recovery. Mine is on May 4th so let me know how things go for you bcuz u will be right ahead of me.

Kisha

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 134 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views