xPost from Main Forum - Are you a Failure? Well you are in good company

The Incredible
Shrinking Woman

on 4/10/11 8:50 am, edited 4/10/11 8:51 am - NY
Post Date: 4/10/11 10:22 am
Interesting article in Fitness Magazine.  The moral of the story is that "Everybody fails, but the difference is that people who are successful know how to respond.  They know how to get back up".
The article mentions how Jennifer Aniston auditioned for a role in Saturday Night Live and was rejected.  Michael Jordan getting cut from his high-school basketball team because his coach felt he lacked skills.  Julia Roberts not chosen for a role in a soap opera and Elvis Presley being told "you ain't going nowhere son, you ought to go back to driving a truck.  I think we all know how things turned out for them.

I am sure most of us, if not all, questionned will I fail at WLS too?  As some of you know, I was a fat baby who became a fat child, teenager and an adult.  Started WW at nine, diet camp at 11, and failed at 50+ diets over my lifetime.   

From my personal viewpoint, I think with each failure, I have learned and gained (no pun intended) 
from them.  I know the key for me i****ting the gym 4-5 times per week and weighing and journaling my food.  When I do those two things that was always a winning combination and I had always lost weight or at least kept the pounds from regaining.  The hard part for me will always be just DOING IT. 
For you, something else might work.

So suffering from rebound weight?  Take a look at what you did when you were losing weight and compare it against what you did when you gained weight.  For instance, how much protein/calories/carbs/fat were you getting in?  How much exercise were you getting in?  Did you go back to drinking while eating?  Did you stop attending weight-loss support groups?  Stop posting on OH forum, etc? 

Regardless if you gained back 5 lbs or 50, you need to get back in the saddle.  As the song says, "At first you don't succeed, dust yourself off and try again".

Nancy
"Learn from Yesterday.  Live for Today.  Hope for Tomorrow" - Albet Einstein

diane S.
on 4/10/11 9:19 am
much wisdom here. thanks for posting. and congrats on you weight loss. you are a star.  diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

sabruzzo
on 4/10/11 3:04 pm - olathe
 I believe everything in our lives happens for a reason and I just got off the phone with one of my friends who had the sleeve a month before me and we are almost 1.5 yrs out now and started struggling with our old eating habits and afraid to call each other.

I'm a stress eater and I have a hectic work schedule and can't workout everyday, If its a good week I meet my trainer 2 x a week for one hour and I'll do boxing class twice a week as well but on bad weeks its less than that depending on my life schedule that week....

I've started falling back into bad eating habits the last few months w eating junk food and feel like I'm eating to much, I did start increasing my protein and it helps keep me full but if there is a plate of brownies in front of me wether I'm hungry or not they will disappear slowly throughout the day...

I wish Nancy I lived closer to you because you are an inspiration, I just need some support and someone to talk to who understands the struggle that is constantly there... I have no good support groups in my area and wish i did but reading this post you posted nearly brought me to tears because I think god knew I needed to read it.
shannon    
Lee ~
on 4/10/11 11:22 pm - CA
Always a great reminder to stay in touch with what works for us personally. For me it's tracking my food daily, weighing daily and getting out there to move my body.  Thanks for taking the time to post! 

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 303 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 349 views