I'm Starving

SisterBigBone
on 4/4/11 7:30 am - Bronx, NY
I had my surgery last week and this head hunger is killing me. I had to stop watching the travel channel because if I see food, my stomach instantly starts growling and getting all gassy. I'm so ready to just pull out the cheese and pretzels and have a grand time.

I'm in need of some support. I think sitting in the house just trying to recover is making me more hungry as well. I never realized that I ate out of boredom until now.

stephf
on 4/4/11 7:35 am - CA
VSG on 03/29/11 with
It's tough, I find keeping busy and drinking protien with 20grams in it helps alot, it keeps my mind off things. I do have a little applesauce (sugar free ) and chocolate pudding surgarfree but i have only 2 tbs of it  the first few days were hard, but now i keep my self busy and Im getting better at it where I can see food or have someone eat it around me and I dont freak out at them anymore hahha

YOU CAN DO THIS!! YOU GOT THIS!! its hard but will be soo worth it in the end!! hang on we just have one more week and then we can try eggs !!

HW 288  PRE OP WEIGHT  249/ SW241/ CW 146.8     

SisterBigBone
on 4/4/11 7:37 am - Bronx, NY
I can't wait to eat an egg. I have never been so excited.

stephf
on 4/4/11 7:38 am - CA
VSG on 03/29/11 with
hahah same here!!! I cant wait to try egg , tuna and cheese next week  hell yeah!

HW 288  PRE OP WEIGHT  249/ SW241/ CW 146.8     

debk21
on 4/4/11 7:40 am - Mansfield, TX
That first egg is heaven!  I found that doing something with my hands helped.  I worked on cross stitch and it kept my hands and mind busy...do you have a hobby?

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

MrsWash07
on 4/4/11 7:48 am - Houma, LA
 I was a big watcher of food shows and I found that I can't really do that anymore. But hang in there, I am two weeks out tomorrow and I am a computer person. I find myself online more, and trying to work more, because I work from home. Just find things that take your mind off of the fact that you are not eating. It gets easier, week by week. If you need someone to communicate with, I can exchange emails with you and just send me an email when you feel the need to eat.
Crissy327
on 4/4/11 7:54 am - NC
I don't know if it would hel*****t, but I have read that several people said that gas X strips helped reduce their hunger.
On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
(deactivated member)
on 4/4/11 8:08 am - Canada
I know it's tough! I'm 2 weeks out tomorrow and I was right where you are at about my 5Th day......I'm telling you the pain of gas and being stuffed will not be worth the binge. I tried! And it really hurt! I mean REALLY! Be smarter than I and find something to do when boredom strikes. I laugh at my stupidity now, but at the time I was crying I hurt so bad! And you know what I didn't eat to much of anything, cottage cheese about 2 Tbsp. but it was solid foods that I'm clearly not ready for yet...Good luck to you and god bless! ~Cheryl
emelar
on 4/4/11 8:45 am - TX
Make sure you're on a PPI.  Stomach acid mimics hunger.

Make sure you're drinking a potload of liquids.  Dehydration mimics hunger.

I discovered that, when I'd get the munchies early out, taking a nap made all the difference in the world.  I'd wake up with the cravings under control again.

I either record programs so that I can fast forward through commercials or I do the instant streaming from Netflix so there are no commercials.  The further you can get yourself from visual temptations, the better.

And I'm going to tell you, I'm over 4 months out and life is much better.  But you have to establish a new routine that doesn't involve eating whenever you're bored, tired, irritable, cranky, etc.
didim62
on 4/4/11 8:58 am, edited 4/4/11 9:00 am - Kensington, CT
I know its hard but just get it right out of your mind. Think of something new and nice that will be in your new life. Make sure you are taking a ppi and drinking. I have been having major issues getting in enough fluids and I know it is makeing me feel hungry also. Be really careful when you start of soft foods remember to eat VERY SLOW. I had some mushy fish and I think I ate the 2nd bite way too soon and all of a sudden it was like my chest wanted to rip open and it lasted for a good 1/2 hour. Learned my Lesson and FAST!!!! been having soups again...lol. I will try some egg salad or canned chicken salad but will puree the heck out of it. I'm here if you need to chat.
Didi ..... Sleeved and living my NEW LIFE!!!!

Highest WT 381   Surgery WT (367.8)    Current WT 236
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 163 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 438 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 458 views