Birthday Celebration

wanttobehalfofme
on 4/2/11 6:25 am - MI
Tomorrow is my birthday and before sleeve I bought a quarter sheet cake and ice cream to celebrate. This year being only two months out and at a stall I need to coming up with some different ideas to celebrate. How did some of you celebate your birtday?

(deactivated member)
on 4/2/11 6:32 am - Germantown, MD
 My birthday was in January. We did go out to dinner at one of my favorite Mexican food places but I got fajitas without the tortillas and it was delcious. Plus they make the best black beans I've ever had so I had those to take home and have later. No cake or ice cream or anything like that. I didn't really miss it either and didn't want any.
Elaine2
on 4/2/11 6:42 am - Atlanta, GA
Bought a new pair of shoes last year! I was 6 weeks post op and just starting on solids.
But I'm still trying to disassociate food with celebration! Get yourself a great gift.

Just another note...when I was in recovery from surgery on 4/26 the surgeon came out to talk to my parents and said something like....This is her new birthday on her road to a healthier life.
My mom must have remembered cause she called me just the other day and asked what I wanted for my birthday. I said it's not until June...she said No your new birthday!    Sweet!

Treat yourself to something fun!! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

MsSonja
on 4/2/11 9:53 am - Kent, WA
For me, part of this journey is looking at food through a different lens.  I do not celebrate or reward with food.  So, for me, spa treatment, clothes and jewel have been nice gifts.
~~ Ms. Sonja 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 391 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views