XPOST-OT-Ms Shell and other "old timers"-question/help pls from other old timer

Santiago1
on 3/27/11 1:32 pm - Canada
Hi everyone,

I hope you have all been well. I have not been on the boards for weeks and weeks it seems. Fell off the wagon big time again + I have been out of town twice in the last month.

I am freaking out for many reasons, and not so much from the weight gain as I am determined to rid those carbs from my system and start fresh again, but mostly because I had a horrifying and probably the worst ever acid reflux/gerd attack two nights ago - I have not had one in about 18 months. I developed gerd post-op (did not have it before as far as I am aware) and had a few attacks and was taking nexium twice daily, then down to one time per day, and then the last 6 months approx I have been taking it very sporadically, maybe once per week. I was feeling great and had not had an attack in so so long!

Well....two nights ago I woke to this burning fire and I could not breathe well either as I was so congested with this burning flem crap. It was really scary. I luckily have some liquid med leftover from post-op to help with acid reflux (like a gaviscon) and I also quickly took a nexium.  It was horrible, horrible....I felt like crap for hours and hours and still today have not felt 100% as it took a lot out of me and really freaked me out.

By chance I am going to be seeing a bariatric surgeon from Florida who will be here later this week to assist with some surgeries and I have an appt with him and believe I am scheduled for an endoscopy. Because of my move, I have not had access to my regular surgeon and docs for a year now.

Do you think this attack is solely related to me eating too much crap?

I thought I had kicked the acid reflux over a year ago! This has really freaked me out.

Thanks for letting me go on. I almost forgot my sign-in details as I had let it go too long for checking on the boards.
I have to check in more often as these boards and all of you really are a good source of positive support.

Input? Comments? Why did this happen now?

Best to all of you,

Joy
peachynptc
on 3/28/11 3:59 am - Fayetteville, GA
yep, garbage in , garbage out...especially with acid reflux, no fun, I know!
Just begin again, do it right this time, find  a good doc to help you. Even a PCP. Do the right thing. I will be thinking of you! Hope things turn around soon!!

VSG: 4/11/11 by Dr. Kevin McGill at Buckhead Bariatrics, Atlanta, GA.

Looking for Support Group near Fayetteville/Peachtree City, GA

Santiago1
on 3/28/11 7:43 pm - Canada
Thanks Peach and good luck to you on your upcoming surgery! We'll see you on the loser's bench very soon.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views