Depressed over this stall.........

borntobethin35
on 3/26/11 10:23 pm - VA
Hello OH family,

I'm at a horrible stall right now that's lasted since 3/16 and I will go up a pd then down a pd. But on the good side of things. The last time I did measurements was right before the stall (2 weeks ago on 3/13) Today I did my measurements and I've lost a total of 10 inches off of my entire body..... yeppie. That brings my total of inches lost since surgery 21 inches.... wooo hooo

I'm going to get away from that scale and start looking at how much I've lost as far as clothes. I know I've always been that person that weights heavy but get into a pretty small size clothes. I've went from a 22 some 20's to a 18 and some 16's (my dresses are 16's) so I guess I should be happy with that not the scale right? I've only lost 20 pds since surgery on 2/15 but I've lost 15 pds pre-op. So I have to learn to be happy with NSV instead of SV!

Sheka

HW: 272   SW: 256  CW: 189 GW: 170

1st  Goal:    245:    
Achieved
2nd Goal:    220:    Achieved
3rd  Goal:    199:    Achieved
Final goal:   170

"I thank GOD for allowing me this opportunity to turn my life around"

katier825
on 3/26/11 10:34 pm
It's not easy, but you do really need to just accept that stalls happen and when they do, focus on the positive things, such as the smaller measurements, smaller clothes, things you can do that you couldn't before.  My weight loss has been slow - 2  or 3 lbs per week thru most of my journey.  So when I stall, it can be frustrating.  Since November, I've gone from 18-20 plus to 12's and some 10's.  I actually fit into a size 8 skirt last week!  BP is normal now and I'm off my meds.  I can run and play with the grandkids...haven't run in years!

I keep trying to tell myself it's just a number on a scale and don't sweat the minor fluctuations as long as the trend is downward and the clothes keep getting looser.  I still weigh/measure my food, so I'm not worried about gaining.  As long as I stay on track with the food, I will lose the pounds as time goes by.

Hang it there...you can do it!!!
borntobethin35
on 3/26/11 10:40 pm - VA
Thanks Kaier825, I'm so scared I might be one of those people that the sleeve doesn't work for. We always see on the forum how the sleeve is a great tool and how much it's worked for people but recently I've looked up others that have had the sleeve and they don't post often because their sleeve didn't work for them. So instead of posting they lurk the websites. I just pray I don't become one of those people that it doesnt work for. But you are absolutely right about not sweating the minor fluctuations because I still get in protein like I should and things of that nature. So I know it's just a minor set back right now. Oh by the way, you rock that size 8 skirt girl.... Good for you!

Sheka

Achieved

katier825
on 3/26/11 10:47 pm
On March 27, 2011 at 5:40 AM Pacific Time, borntobethin35 wrote:
Thanks Kaier825, I'm so scared I might be one of those people that the sleeve doesn't work for. We always see on the forum how the sleeve is a great tool and how much it's worked for people but recently I've looked up others that have had the sleeve and they don't post often because their sleeve didn't work for them. So instead of posting they lurk the websites. I just pray I don't become one of those people that it doesnt work for. But you are absolutely right about not sweating the minor fluctuations because I still get in protein like I should and things of that nature. So I know it's just a minor set back right now. Oh by the way, you rock that size 8 skirt girl.... Good for you!

Sheka
It will work for you, but you have to do your part as well because it's not a magic cure.  Keep up with eating correctly, both in quantity and types of food.  I do allow myself a treat occasionally.  Not daily though.  I do eat some carbs, but don't feel guilty about the carbs from fresh fruit for example.  Exercise when you can.  I was only walking up until about 6 weeks ago.  I have added a night of Zumba and a night of Interval Training (weights and floor exercises).  It does help!
borntobethin35
on 3/26/11 11:01 pm - VA
Katie,

It's crazy because I am doing my part. I only eat 600 calories a day. I exercise every day because I love to exercise (that never was my problem before it was my food choices were the problems before WLS) and I notice when I go to the gym I go up a pd. It truly kills me.  I learned another tip from someone on here the other day and that is to not incorporate weights yet until I'm closer to goal. So I'm going to try that a little bit. Thanks for your help though!

Achieved

katier825
on 3/26/11 11:10 pm
On March 27, 2011 at 6:01 AM Pacific Time, borntobethin35 wrote:
Katie,

It's crazy because I am doing my part. I only eat 600 calories a day. I exercise every day because I love to exercise (that never was my problem before it was my food choices were the problems before WLS) and I notice when I go to the gym I go up a pd. It truly kills me.  I learned another tip from someone on here the other day and that is to not incorporate weights yet until I'm closer to goal. So I'm going to try that a little bit. Thanks for your help though!
Not sure, but I think 600 calories might be too low.  If it's too low, "they' (whoever "they" are LOL ) say your body goes into starvation mode and hangs on to what it has.  My program didn't require counting calories, just protein and fluids.  I am 4 months out and keep mine in the 800-900 range.
borntobethin35
on 3/26/11 11:12 pm - VA
Katie, I'm going to try and get in 800-900 calories and see what happens. Thanks so much for your help!

Achieved

acbbrown
on 3/27/11 12:44 am - Granada Hills, CA
You should be doing some strenght training/weight lifting. It will make it easier to maintain once you reach your goal weight. The more lean muscle you have = higher resting metabolic rate (which means you will burn more calories)

Most people are scared to do the weights because they think they will gain muscle and gain weight. While it could happen, at the end, you will ultimately lose more than if you skip the weights.

Do some google searches on the benefits, and/or head over to the exercise forum. There are a lot of great people who are wayyy more knowledgeable than me and have great advice.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Diva70
on 3/26/11 10:49 pm
Hey...just wanted to let you know I did the same thing.  I lost 19 pre-op and and 13 post op (2/24) and then I stalled 2 weeks after my surgery for 15 days.  I thought I was losing my mind!  I  was depressed and worried.  When I went to my doctor (which also includes visits with the nutritionist, exercise physiologist and the doc), they reviewed what I was doing.  The one thing missing was exercise.  I wasn't really doing it - at all!   I immediately got my behind in the gym and started doing the treadmill. That seemed to do the trick. Wondering if you have started exercising yet?    The tool was working for me, but I guess I either needed to jump start my body again or wait the stall out...not really sure which one it was, but I do feel better now that I am exercising.  

Anyway, that worked for me.  I have read on here where some people do stall a few weeks after surgery, but to just stick to the plan and things will start moving again.  Don't be discouraged...you will never have to be where you were before (smile)...and you will never be where you are right now again....

Let me know how you are doing. Be encouraged!

borntobethin35
on 3/26/11 11:04 pm - VA
Hey Diva, I've notice when I do work out is when I gain weight but I dont let it stop me...lol. I've always been a gym rat before surgery but now I love it even more. I think I need to switch out protein shakes because I'm so tired of unjury protein...lol and I've tried About time protein and thought I would gag to death. I'm gagging now just thinking about it...lol

Sheka

Achieved

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views