Questions for the Post Op...How does it impact the spouses?

Da H.
on 8/17/05 1:12 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Hi all! I'm Brian Coleman from JAX FL. My wife has been approved for Lasporscopic Surgery and a few months from now our lives are going to change. I for one enjoy eating food. I enjoy taking my wife out to restaurants every now and then and relish in the eating experience. After attending the meeting with my wife, I realize that sharing this pasttime with her is going to be hard for her. With the threat of dumping and vomiting every time she eats, she will have be very cautious of what she eats and how much, and she can't drink hardly at all. I think because of that she will be reluctant to eat out any more and I will miss sharing that with her. I have a few other concerns that bother me as well. How is our marriage is going to effected with the changes of post op? Do couples go through more stress because the spouse of patient have trouble adjusting to new lifestyles? Will the husband feel threated about the new figure his wife will acheive? Will my spouse need additional cosmetic surgery after the post op? Now don't get me wrong...I do support my wife on this WLS and I feel she will be happier for it. I just want her to come out of the post op okay and she is feeling happier and healther. Any tips or advice will deeply appreciated!
taco
on 8/18/05 1:29 am - Streator, IL
Hi Brian.I'm almost 8 months post-op i enjoying going out for fancy dinners.For the first time in my life i'm happy we the portions are small (as they usually are in fancy reasturants)I don't eat vary much but when i do i don't mind spending money to eat something really good.Give her time she will be able to eat again.It takes a time to get use to your new stomach.Now i'm at the point I can eat so many different thing that i have to make good choices everyday to still lose weight.Just because we have this sugery we still have to make good choices to be succesful.Be ready for more sex as she loses more and more weight she will become hornier and hornier with her new body.You should love it!!!!! Be patient we get back to normal(feeling normal) in 5 to six months.Your wife will be younger!!!!! Hopes this helps Taco 459/278/220
Most Active
Recent Topics
TESTING
DonaldDuck · 0 replies · 5286 views
Support for Non-Surgical Members
Cathy W. · 0 replies · 5966 views
Not a lot of support happening here.
JLS_NJ · 2 replies · 7164 views
No One posts here...
luvmyhubby55 · 1 replies · 6911 views
help needed
konieckursu · 0 replies · 6944 views