What's on your Thursday Menu?

Amy Liz
on 3/28/24 5:02 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Your party sounds like fun. It must be a good environment if people never leave! I wear Rothys at work too! They are very cute, but also very flat and with no support. I can imagine that pain while trying to sleep, I hope you feel better. Yesterday was a success at work. Monday's mess cleaned up - big whew! Month end reports done, everything is ready for next month so I'm all caught up. I have my counterpart back so we will be meeting most of the morning. Which will mean more training prep and procedure updates. Not my fav in the least but very necessary. Tonight is happy hour with some party animals and I have tomorrow off!! All good stuff.

QOTD - I loved pizza until we moved to CA and was so disappointed. All these years later and it's just like - not love. I don't know if I could tell the difference anymore tbh? No style here that I can think of, just regular - nothing fancy!

Accountability - great. full all day just eating everything on my menu. 184.8 today

b- coffee, eggbeaters w ff cheddar

l - turkey and cheese on protein toast w/let/tom

d- charcuterie and wine

s - small apple

Have a wonderful day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Greateight
on 3/28/24 5:18 am, edited 3/27/24 10:21 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Our lawn is getting greener, the tulips are coming up, and the trees/shrubs are starting to bud. But it's still pretty cold out. I think that it will warm up starting tomorrow.

It's just the two of us at home this weekend, so we are going to go out to brunch. DD has been traveling a bunch, so she will stay home and cook. She is a big fan of Defined Dish, so she will probably make something from that. The boys were home last week, so they aren't going to be home again. Me and Marilyn are going to a place called Hugo's Frog bar. Gibson's is an old time Chicago steak house and Hugo's is their sister restaurant. We aren't going to the Chicago one, we will stay in the suburbs and just go to Naperville.

Marilyn is onto a new puzzle. It's a combination between unsolved cold case and a puzzle. There is a main puzzle of the crime board (750 pieces) and then 5 smaller file puzzles (50 pieces each). When completed, you can solve the murder like in a traditional cold case game. I will have to get a picture for Kelly tomorrow.

Tonight, we are Zoom tasting some of the wine that we purchased in Paso Robles. Hopefully the technology works and our menu is successful. After that will be March Madness.

QOTD: Chicago Deep Dish is the favorite here. The first time that I had it I thought it was amazingly good. Then I realized it's so thick that I can only eat it like once a year. The regular pizza is like cracker crust which I don't like. However, I will give a shout out to Piece Pizza in Chicago. It's owned by Cheap Trick guitarist Rick Neilsen and serves New York style pizza. I love Cheap Trick and East Coast pizza, double victory.

Breakfast: Bagel

Lunch: sandwich

Dinner: Savory scones and Justin Reserve Cabernet

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 3/28/24 12:43 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I bet Marilyn will have a blast with the crime scene puzzle. Pics are a must for sure!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 3/28/24 5:33 am, edited 3/27/24 10:36 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I was over at Mom's last night. My sister thinks she's doing better, but I don't know. Her memory ability has declined - or maybe it's just that I rarely spent more than an hour or so over there most of the time before, so I hadn't really noticed it until now. I'm worried about what will happen when my sister leaves a week from today. I think I'm going to have to arrange to have someone come in at least a couple of hours a day. If that doesn't do the trick, then it's finding new living arrangements for her. Having this going on after coming off months of awfulness with my MIL is about to put me over the edge. But...this is life. This is dealing with aging parents.

I went to a birthday luncheon yesterday and then had pizza at my mother's last night. I vastly overate and feel terrible this morning. I don't think I have any more formal "eating events" until a week from today (a lunch AND a dinner next Thursday), so I'm going to try to REALLY eat lightly until then to deal with this. I feel awful.

Having people stay at one job (or at least with one employer) for most/all of their career is a great sign. I was in an environment like that at my last job (a university library). So many lifers there. I think I was the "new person" at the library for the first five years I was there! (I stayed there for 16 years before retiring - it was a terrific place to work!)

QOTD: we have pretty much everything here being that we're a big college town - Chicago style, Detroit style, New York style, Trenton style. Although I think the "cracker thin crust" might be kind of a specialty here - several places feature it. It's even kind of crunchy since it's so thin. We also have a local place called Ian's that does all kinds of bizarre pizzas - like a traditional pizza dough with macaroni and cheese on it (I'm not a fan of such creativity when it comes to pizza, but it seems to appeal to a lot of people). Ian's became famous during the huge labor union protests we had under Scott Walker 10 or 15 years ago (probably since it's less than a block from the capitol building). People from literally all over the world were ordering pizzas for the protestors from Ian's!

coffee with half & half

Greek yogurt

protein shake

bagged salad and some kind of protein

more Greek yogurt ?

I'm going to make this Iranian dish tonight that I couldn't make last week because of my mother's accident (I actually had to cancel out on three events - all of which I was supposed to bring a dish to. Unfortunately, I'd already purchased all the ingredients for them). It's an aubergine kuku - sounds a bit like a quiche but with eggplant in it - and dried cranberries (the recipe calls for barberries, but I wasn't going to run all over town looking for barberries - I read online that dried cranberries are a good substitute, so I decided to go with that)

ex: I'd better! Probably Aqua Zumba - if I can manage to get my bloated body into a swimsuit today!!

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Sheila_H
on 3/28/24 8:19 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Can you share the recipe? I haven't had a barberry/eggplant kookoo, although I've had plenty of green kookoos. Infact when I was in DC we went to a new Persian restaurant called Kookoo bar and their specialty was the kookoo sabzi (which is the vegetable one).

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Sheila_H
on 3/28/24 8:42 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Never mind. Found it. I guess because I don't like eggplants I haven't tried it, but I have seen it in Persian homes.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

catwoman7
on 3/29/24 7:17 am
RNY on 06/03/15

sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday - I didn't get back on here again until now. I couldn't taste the eggplant in the di**** just gave it sort of a spongey texture. It was actually pretty good!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Emiepie
on 3/28/24 5:58 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! I hope you're able to rest your feet today. Not much new going on the rest of the work week for me. We are getting some rain the next few days that I hope stays around for Saturday so I can enjoy a couch/movie day.

QOTD: I don't think we anything special but there is a popular pizza place in the local areas called Me N Ed's and that everyone loves (Em's BF works at one).

TSS: 9 years 7 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Protein puffs, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: TBD

ES: yogurt and toast

E: Treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: TBD

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Amy Liz
on 3/28/24 7:13 am
RNY on 11/21/16

We have Me n Eds too. It was next to Robs office years ago and he would go there for lunch. He really likes their pizza. The cinnamon dough balls are amazing!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Emiepie
on 3/28/24 12:44 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

That's the truth- those little balls of sugary yumminess!

Most Active
Recent Topics