Anyone else gone mad for lemon juice?

TheWombat
on 1/13/22 3:42 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

For the last year or so, I've been adding a dash of lemon juice to almost everything. I really love the kick it gives the food. It has single-handedly turned me into someone who prefers savoury food to sweet. Has anyone else gone mad for the stuff, or is it just me?

Partlypollyanna
on 1/13/22 4:16 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I like fresh lemon on a lot of things, the acid is a nice little treat. I also love lemon+ginger+cayenne as a nice little shot

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 1/13/22 4:52 pm - Warren, OH

I like to mix lemon juice with Splenda and fatfree cream cheese for cheesecake taste. I just mix enough for one serving.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 1/14/22 12:05 am - Amarillo, TX

I use lemon juice some but I'm really in love with lime. I found a taco sauce that is cilantro lime that I put on anything I can. A little goes a long way and it only has 10 calories a serving. I love love love cilantro too so it's like heaven in a bottle for me! Just the right amount of spicy too.

Mel

Christina135
on 1/14/22 6:10 am

Love lemon juice, in everything from hot tea to all dishes. It's just so good. I even add a squeeze over my tamales with ketchup! Yep, I'm that person! I put it in caldo, pozole, etc. It adds that little ZING!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Sheila_H
on 1/14/22 8:05 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I use it everywhere, but that's nothing new to me...have been using it forever.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

(deactivated member)
on 1/14/22 10:46 am
RNY on 09/01/12

I LOVE lime juice lemon juice ... anything grapefruit flavored or scented ...

I add it to pretty much everything like shrimp ****tail..ceviche ... and I usually add Chile flakes and / or Chile salt .

sweetpotato1959
on 1/17/22 10:53 am

Wombat, suggest you make the most of this while you can... Lemon, (and lime) are both very good for us nutritionally...they have several great benefits... I would have to put in a capsule-then i MIGHT get it down.

It sounds like you are going thru one of the many flavor changing aspects of "post gastric surgery". .It is only one of the variable aspects of surgery- we are all different with different tolerances-tastes.

I am 25 years post op... and have gone thru several of these .. Lemon was not my noticed change, however i did change from sweet pickles to dill pickles for 7-8 years and now back again to preferring sweet.

After i adhere rigidly to my high protein diet, for a few weeks,, i will have a craving for something- generally have trouble pin pointing it- i have found if i have a serving of fruit it stops the craving and i can continue on my meal plan without bad effects or cravings..(peach or pear halves)

Most Active