WHAT'S ON YOUR SATURDAY MENU?

Julia S.
on 10/23/21 8:57 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

I'm shocked no one has started this thread, but here goes..

QOTD- What is the best thing that happened to you this week?

For me it's a double edged sword, my furniture and things have arrived and now I'm trying to make some sense from this chaos. For some reason yesterday I decided to swap my office and the sewing room. The one room seemed to be cooler than the other and I was tired of sweltering in the afternoons. But my back paid the price. I also didn't get much work done, so it's a double whammy. I'm working today and probably tomorrow.

I close on my condo on Monday, but they neglected to tell me that I needed a certified check or wire transfer of $1159.46 until about 2PM in the afternoon yesterday. My credit union has a shared branch here until the end of the year so I was able to get the check. But this whole thing has been a nightmare, it's almost over.

I've got my Ducks shirt on and can't wait for the game.

Everyone have a great day!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Lisa91941
on 10/23/21 9:26 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! We are in Sonoma County this morning. Wine tastings are scheduled and fun bites will be had. Yesterday was a tough day. Some jackass threw a bottle at us on the freeway and shattered our driver's side window. Between police reports and McGuyver'ing a fix, we were delayed a few hours. But we did get here with time to get set up before dark and our friends met up with us for a campfire cookout. Amazing what I can pull out of my fridge. Apple chicken sausages, yellow squash, and mini bell peppers seared up in a skillet. Yummy and healthy. Today the rain hits and is not supposed to until long after we leave the area. So I'm glad we got to enjoy a campfire once.

QoTD: it has been mostly a fabulous week. But I'm keeping the bike ride on the 17 Mile Drive as my number one thing. So much fun.

Menu... I really don't know. I'm eating a healthy egg bite right now and hope for fruits, veggies and maybe some fish later on.

Peace Everyone! Happy Saturday.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

catwoman7
on 10/23/21 9:52 am
RNY on 06/03/15

what a senseless crime - I am so sorry that happened to you!

White Dove
on 10/23/21 11:01 am - Warren, OH

I am so sorry about what that jerk did. Sometimes I feel like I need to pile up everything I own and sit on top of it with a gun. I am glad you were not hurt.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

lmfontana4
on 10/27/21 9:21 am
RNY on 03/24/21

I don't know why people think it is okay to behave like idiots. So senseless.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

White Dove
on 10/23/21 9:26 am - Warren, OH

I have had things like that happen with buying real estate. Sometimes I have to really scrabble to get the money together that they did not tell me about until the last minute. Glad your credit union came through.

Once I asked what would have happened if I had not been able to get the funds and they said it would have delayed the closing. I get those ambitious days of moving rooms around and do pay the price with sore back. Biofreeze is wonderful for that.

Have a great time watching your game.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 10/23/21 10:00 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

yea - weekend threads are kind of a crap shoot. Queen JB rarely logs in on the weekends, so sometimes Melody starts the thread - and occasionally someone else will (I've done it a handful of times) - and other times, no one does. So thanks for starting us off!

I went over to the gym to do weights this morning. This afternoon we're going to bike over to campus and try to snag tickets to the women's hockey game. Tickets for the season have been sold out for quite awhile, but probably 90% of the time, we're able to get a couple from someone giving away their unused ones at the door. Hopefully that'll happen today, too - although this is going to be a big game. Our team (Wisconsin - #1) is playing #2 Ohio State, so this should be a nail biter. And probably packed. And full of fans in red shirts since both of our teams are red! Anyway, hopefully we'll get in!!

QOTD: I don't usually have crappy weeks, but this has been one. I can't really think of anything great that happened - maybe just being out on my bike earlier this week? At least it was stress-relieving!!

B: cottage cheese with 1/2 diced mango, coffee with half & half

MS: two protein/peanut butter balls (before I worked out). Protein shake (after i worked out)

L: I'll have something before we leave for the game - maybe yogurt pie with blackberry/cherry compote

AS: DH will almost certainly get popcorn at the game, so that. And hopefully not too much of it.

D: ?? Depends on how much popcorn I eat. If not much, maybe 1/2 a veggie burger on 1/2 a slim bun and some vegetables. If I eat too much popcorn, maybe just some Greek yogurt.

have a good Saturday, all!

catwoman7
on 10/23/21 10:03 am
RNY on 06/03/15

oh - another good thing. Meeting my niece's new cat! Wonderful cat - super friendly. Came right up to me and sat on my lap. I loved her! And I'm tempted to steal her!! (just kidding..)

Amy Liz
on 10/23/21 10:18 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Happy to hear you are almost settled Julia. It will be no time before you are truly enjoying your paradise! Enjoy the Ducks game. Today we went to the park to walk the dogs - I love this huge park! Tons of people walking their dogs. We really enjoy seeing the same people and dogs every week - it's great. We went grocery shopping, ate breakfast and now enjoying bloody marys. No golf course or gym today. Just relaxing, naps and football/tv are about it - I really need a down day, tomorrow will be busy. I have Jen's green chili chicken in the crock pot - it already smells amazing. That will be lunch and dinner.

QOTD - The best thing was ordering my NordicTrack. I'm still super excited - especially since I spoke to a rep yesterday that told me my machine was in stock, flagged for my order already and they would be calling me to make delivery/assembly arrangements this coming week. Yay!!

b-coffee, omelet, bloody mary

l- green chili chicken

d- green chili chicken

s- nuts, cheese, ratio granola bar if needed

Have a great day ya'll!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/21 10:44 am, edited 10/23/21 3:55 am
RNY on 01/01/14

I had a few sips of green curry and Thom Ka Gai and vegetables.

Not doing so well with the food ... did drink some ff milk and even red wine w lemon juice .

The main food category I seem to be able to get down is snack food .... which I?ve really never touched before.

Potato sticks ... now I ate like half a can in two weeks.... it?s not making me fat but I?m worried that I?m not eating real nutritious food .

I throw the good stuff away and eat the garbage.... gotta buy the catz and babiez food and we?re hunting lobsters with harpoon gunz this afternoon for dinner ..... scary !

Fresh green mangoes for sliced salad .... red onions... cilantro and parsley ... squid or scallop ceviche ... I?m planning to cook the lobsters Chinese style so chopped up live , cornstarched and cooked incredibly fast and hot with a ton of scallions and chicken broth ... trust me simple but utterly delicious. Also hoping for fresh salsa and fresh made frozen margaritas.

And you never know .... but some of these Caribbean resorts have fresh made gelato.... my downfall.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 72 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 296 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 342 views