Will you be first in line for a Covid vaccine?

Melody P.
on 12/2/20 5:07 pm - Amarillo, TX

When available to me I will be in line to get it.

Mel

ReginaL
on 12/4/20 9:18 am
RNY on 06/25/20

Melody P., have you seen any results from the trials that are going on? Do you personally know anyone who has had the vaccine?

ReginaL

Melody P.
on 12/4/20 10:50 am - Amarillo, TX

I live in Texas...no one here that I know has had the vaccine but I know someone who is on a vent right now and they are saying she will likely not make it. I also know that over 50 people have died in my city in the past 2 weeks. we have to have morgue trailers to handle it. I am more scared of Covid-19 than the vaccine.

Mel

Melody P.
on 12/4/20 12:21 pm - Amarillo, TX

Tack eleven more people onto that total for today alone.

Mel

ReginaL
on 12/8/20 10:12 am
RNY on 06/25/20

Melody, I seem to have missed this post. There have been so many healthcare workers say they have large numbers who have died from the virus, so I'm also more afraid of it than from a vaccine that hundreds of scientists have been working on. I thought I was on the fence, but the more I read, the more I'm convinced that the scientists are working to save us. I don't need more convincing. It's so sad for so many people and their families.

ReginaL

Melody P.
on 12/8/20 1:01 pm - Amarillo, TX

I am scared too Regina! They had 17 die here over the weekend and 7 today. What scares me is, at least here, the young people have more cases but by far older folks are the ones dying.

it's just so scary!

Mel

catwoman7
on 12/3/20 5:02 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I'm not high risk either, but I'll get it soon after it's available to me - which will probably be late spring or summer, I'm guessing. By then we'll probably know if there are "issues" with it (not long term issues, though - but I'm OK with that. I don't want to be vulnerable to COVID for the rest of my life...)

ReginaL
on 12/4/20 9:23 am
RNY on 06/25/20

catwoman7, I hear ya, this past year (almost) of our lives has been long enough for me...I have a grown son in a lockdown state that is so fearful of covid that he hardly lives. Much of it comes from his own anxieties and nothing personally experienced, but still it's changed the way we live and are able to be with our loved ones so much. I am DONE.

ReginaL

hollykim
on 12/3/20 9:23 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 1, 2020 at 7:59 PM Pacific Time, ReginaL wrote:

According to what they tell us, there could be vaccine in December or January on a limited basis. Who here will be lining up for it? My brother is a doctor and he had signed up to take the shot in trials, but they didn't follow up with him so he didn't get to participate.

Is anyone nervous about a new vaccine?

I will be first on line as soon as it is available to me, AFTER the new administration is inaugurated.

ReginaL
on 12/4/20 9:25 am
RNY on 06/25/20

hollykim, thanks! It's funny, I started to read your post and my mind replaced the word inaugurated with the word Vaccinated! I'm supposing they will vaccinate the new President and his cabinet first, right?

ReginaL

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 308 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 226 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 292 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?