Update - 3 months later

robiny
on 12/19/19 4:20 pm - Lake Forest, CA

I posted about 3 months ago about my struggles to regain control of my life and my weight. It's been 10 years since my RNY surgery and after losing 165 lbs total I put back on more than 100 lbs.

My electrophysiologist was really pushing me to lose weight. He wanted 20 lbs off in 3 months. I tried everything I could think of and then posted here, after years of being away. You all helped me giving me support, hope and many ideas to continue on my journey.

When I went for my 3 month check up with my electrophysiologist, I had lost 18 lbs! And today I saw my endocrinologist who has been helping me since June on this journey by encouraging, reading my food diaries and insight. I found out today I have lost 30 lbs.since we started working on this. I am surprised and elated.

I wanted to thank all of you who posted and sent me direct messages with ideas and encouragement. I still have a long way to go but know with the ground work in place, I will make it.

HW: 303/First Visit Surgeon: 276/Day of Surgery: 253.2/Goal Reached: 138.6/CW: 219
Surgery : 03/19/09 - found Intestional Malrotation / RNY: 05/07/09

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 12/19/19 5:25 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Great progress!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Emiepie
on 12/19/19 5:48 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Awesome!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/20/19 10:30 am

Sometimes when we try to lose weight and lose 0.5 lb here, 1 lb there, it doesn't seam like enough. But overtime- when we compare the initial regained weight with the one 3 month later, we can see the real results.

I got a scale that tracks my weight, my body fat%, etc and it is Bluetooth connected to my phone. It is linked to a program that track my weight, and other parameters and presents that in a graph. with daily fluctuation of my weight, it is hard to see from day to day if I'm losing or gaining weight. But looking a the weekly average can show me clearly how my body responds to food and my activities. Having results over a few years shows how well or poorly I am doing. I used to manually enter my numbers into a spreadsheet but it was easy to miss a day, or a weeks...

Congratulations of getting hold on the regain. Great job. !!! 30 lbs is a great number. Now, take another 1 lbs, then another.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 196 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 117 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 5 views
Recent Topics