Revision from vsg success?

kdmox
on 3/14/17 7:36 am - Baltimore, MD

Anyone who has gained substantial weight after vsg and severe acid reflux have success with revision to rny. Thanks!!

stacyrg
on 3/14/17 10:41 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I didn't gain substantial weight, but revised to RNY because of severe GERD. My revision has been a success (with a few issues) and I'm at goal.

ljbarbara
on 3/14/17 3:01 pm, edited 3/14/17 8:02 am

I revised to RNY 7 years after my VSG. Just like Staceyrg, I had severe GERD and no weight gain. I am one year out from the revision and going fine. Extremely happy with the revision!

Original surgery: VSG Feb. 2009

REVISED TO RNY FEBRUARY 2016

Height: 5'7"

Start weight: 252. Current weight: 120

lw152
on 3/15/17 12:37 pm - FL

In April 2012 I had the sleeve gastrectomy with hiatal hernia repair and did great at about 2 1/2 years out I started gaining and eventually gained all weight back and also had severe reflux again. The GI studies showed large hernia and hourglass shaped stomach last June. Then we proceeded to repeat initial qualification steps for conversion to gastric bypass which was recommended. Though the process I have been so sick that I have again lost all but 24 lbs of excess weight. My first request was denied and my physician ended up doing a phone conference with insurance and finally got approval. My surgery date is April 5th and I feel a little nervous. During the process I consulted two different surgeons and had two GI's due to problems eating. Everyone agrees that the only option is Gastric bypass because the hernia was repaired once with initial gastric sleeve. It has been a long process and many nights I can't sleep or sleep sitting up. Hope everything gets resolved soon.

5Ft 2in

CurvyCakes
on 3/18/17 6:53 pm

Hi there. I'm getting revised from VSG to RNY 4/11 due to severe GERD. Happy you got approved and hope you get to feeling better soon. Best wishes to you.

lw152
on 3/18/17 8:24 pm - FL

Hi, thanks!

I'll keep you posted! I hope your feeling better soon as well!

5Ft 2in

Most Active
Recent Topics