!0 months out

wandak
on 11/7/16 4:38 am - lexington, oh
RNY on 01/05/16

I am 10 months out and 2 pounds below my goal. How do I maintain my weight? I don't want to get too thin.

Wanda

ttfan
on 11/7/16 4:47 am
RNY on 08/15/16

I am to new to answer that but Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/7/16 6:05 am, edited 11/6/16 10:05 pm

One way to determine if you are at goal - it to have a reliable lab test your real body fat %.  The scales that measure body fat % are not acurate. The most acuratevtest is DEXA body scan composition. Try to see if there is a lab that can test that for you. I found one close to my house and I paid $125 to get it tested.  (insurance does not cover that unless you find a doc that would think you need it - unlikely) 

If your body fat is at 25-30% or above that - keep doing what you doing... Losing more may make you look thiner but you are still ok. 

If you are below 20-25%.. Depends how lean you are - start increasing proteins.  

If you close to or at or below 20% body fat - start eating more... And add good carbs like sweet potatoes, banana, more fruits...

Nuts are very dense calories... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

White Dove
on 11/7/16 7:07 am - Warren, OH

My surgeon says to reach goal and then use the rest of the honeymoon malabsorption period to go 10, 20 or even 30 pounds under goal.  That is because malabsorption goes away and weight comes back quickly for most people.

It is OK to look too skinny for about a year.  I got a big trip out of being size zero for awhile.  It is common to be too skinny during year two after surgery.  It is extremely rare for anyone to be too skinny after year three.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Recent Topics