No energy whatsoever!

nizateco
on 9/2/16 4:58 pm
RNY on 08/22/16

I'm 11 days post op and I am exhausted. I have no energy at all. I get more then enough protein and getting more then enough water.

Does this happen to most people and eventually pass, or is this the new norm... If so, this sucks...

NANNY13
on 9/2/16 5:57 pm
WLS on 12/21/15

Sweetie, You just had major surgery and do need your rest so your body can recover. 11 days is not enough. It does get MUCH BETTER! YAY! I have more energy than I have had in 20 years and I am believing that you will, too. Just follow your Dr.'s instructions to the letter and check with him or her and let them know how you are feeling and see what they suggest.

karenp8
on 9/2/16 6:02 pm - Brighton, IL

Lack of energy happens to literally everyone. It's a temporary thing because your body has been stressed and you've had anesthesia too. It takes at least a month to get all the anesthesia out of your system. Even though you have tiny little incisions,you just had major surgery and your internal organs rearranged. Your body is trying to figure out what's going on and you're getting very very few calories as well. The first few weeks are definitely tough but just be reassured that it will be better soon. You will soon be smaller,healthier and have more 3nergy than you know what to do with. I am 56 years and was always dragging when I was obese but now my hubby can't keep up with me. Use your time now to sip liquids,rest assured needed,walk as much as you can and look at before and after pictures to cheer yourself up. That will be you soon. I started my journey 4 years ago at a high weight of 273 a tight size 28. For over 3 years I have weighed 117 to 120 now and wear a size 0 or 1 pants and an XS top after a lifetime of weight struggles,even as a child. Here's my before and after.

JaxLiving
on 9/3/16 5:32 am - Spanish Fort, AL
RNY on 05/27/16

Low energy, at this point, is very normal -- but it is definitely not "the new normal!" My energy level started getting closer to normal after about a month, and was probably normal at two months out. I am now a little over three months out, and I have more energy than I had before surgery! Hang in there! You're going to love how you feel soon!!!

SW:223, CW: 134.2; GW: 125, RNY: 5/27/16

MonaLisaSmile
on 9/3/16 1:38 pm - Canada

Yup ...normal. I found it hard to get through a full day without a lay down for months.  Between the weight loss, reduction in calories,  the meds, the surgery and the mental stress of it all.......yup !!!   Exhaused!!!!!!!

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

Catek2652
on 9/3/16 1:54 pm
RNY on 10/26/15

Very, very normal. Give yourself a good 5 months... everyday you will feel a bit better, then one day you will be amazed at how much energy you have. I have found that once I started healing, I still felt pretty tired... but I was tired before the surgery from hauling all that extra weight around, as it has come off; I've gained more energy (which makes it much easier to get and stay active which also contributes to feeling more energetic).

Cate K

Northern Neck, VA 5'4" 56 years old

Highest weight 245: 7/1/2015, RNY surgery on October 26th. Had multiple complications and follow up surgeries and stayed in hospital for 24 days. Goal weight is 140.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 309 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views