20/30 Fast Track diet

myspanisheyes
on 8/13/16 7:18 pm - TX

I am 5 years out and have gained 30 lbs. has anyone here tried the 20/30 fast track diet? I know on this diet, you don't consume 60 grams of protein a day for 28 days. Would that be bad for us?

White Dove
on 8/14/16 12:15 am - Warren, OH

Fad diets no longer work for me.  My metabolism is slow and my body is very efficient at holding on to weight.  The only way that I can lose any weight now is by restricting calories.  I maintain at 1400 calories a day.  To lose a pound a week, I need to cut to 900 calories a day.  It would take me 30 weeks to lose 30 pounds.

The fad diets will throw your system off balance and you will gain back the weight very quickly once you quit following them.

If you want to lose the weight and keep it off, then use My Fitness Pal to track all food.  Weigh yourself at least once a day.  Use the free website iifym.com to get the right balance of carbs, fiber, calories, fat and protein for your weight, height and exercise level.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

myspanisheyes
on 8/14/16 12:46 pm - TX

You are right I had started snacking on carbs. I am restricting how much I eat! Thank you for your response!

chassibi
on 8/14/16 4:51 am

You might also try cutting carbs completely for at least a week. Many people trying to get back on track here have used the 5 day meat test. If you use the search bar you can find it. Kind of a reset for your thinking. 

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

myspanisheyes
on 8/14/16 12:49 pm - TX

I am guilty of eating carbs. I have cut them completely for 30 days and then I plan to start putting them back slowly and limiting them. I'll check out the 5 day meat test. Thanks for the info!

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/14/16 11:20 am

I know that I need protein and fats to lose weight and not feel like I am starving. 

Not carbs ... Low fat +high fiber constipated me post op RNY. 

Fruits - yes - they are great - but are full of sugar..so I need to limit how much I eat ..too many fruits and by may either dump or get RH.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

myspanisheyes
on 8/14/16 12:52 pm - TX

H.a.l.a, 

You are so right about feeling like I am starving myself. I also dump on sweet fruit. I can only have a taste and thats it. Otherwise, I will be running to the restroom all day!

Thank you for you advise!

NYMom222
on 8/14/16 6:54 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

We need a protein forward Diet. Check out the 5 day Meat Test Link in my signature, after that add non starchy veggies....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

myspanisheyes
on 8/15/16 3:48 pm - TX

Oh my, this diet sounds heavenly compared to the 20/30 Fast Track!!!!

Thanks,

Rosemary

Kathyjs
on 8/15/16 7:33 pm

Diets make us fat. I am almost 14 years post op a bit below goal and there is no secret. Portion control. Fitness pal is a great idea. Congrats on deciding to get back on track!!

Most Active