Crazy Personal Celebration

denaraye
on 8/10/16 12:45 pm - MI

There are days and then there are "those days".  Well today has been one of "those days."  In the cubical land of my office it is too easy to hear what everyone else is talking about.  My normal behavior is to sit back and keep my opinions to myself and keep on working in a happy lovely work environment.  The atmosphere in my department is very "high schoolish" and I am not a member of the "in crowd".  Today however I overheard one of the "A crowd" giving some bad information to someone I truly enjoy working with.  Therefore, I spoke up and shared the correct information in what I believed to be a very pleasant way. (this is very common as everyone helps each other with these situations - we are a team after all) Well after some research and follow-up calls - the one giving the bad advice discovered I truly was correct.  While he shared this information with my co-worker - he has not and will not say one word about it to me.  Although I can assure you it will be discussed the next time the "in crowd" meets for lunch and it did indeed save him a ton of work. :)  Well with all that and my report numbers giving me fits my evil little mind was dwelling on the thought of Ranch flavored Doritos which are a short walk downstairs. 

The reason for the crazy personal celebration - I did not go get those Doritos.  I did not let the cold shouldered exclusionary events trigger my need for eating.  I calmly told myself that this particular snack idea had absolutely no nutritional value to my menu today.  Is this how I want to spend my calories today? No, no it is not.  Therefore, I filled up my water bottle and settled into finishing up my report - numbers be darned! 

I am no longer defined, by the wreckage behind!

Emiepie
on 8/10/16 1:28 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

You did awesome!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Deanna798
on 8/10/16 4:13 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

Victory!  You were able to deal with the pettiness and still stick to your plan.  Good job!  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

chassibi
on 8/12/16 5:49 am

Good job! I feel your pain. One day earlier this week I wanted nothing more than to stop and get some no sugar added ice cream and the local ice cream place. I had some a couple of weeks ago and it was quite good, but it's still like 200 cals for a serving.

I talked myself down too, but it's not easy!

Stay strong!

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

Most Active
Recent Topics