Jealousy, and change in relationships

Teio
on 7/6/16 1:58 pm
RNY on 03/23/16

i had my surgery on March 23, 2016. I returned to work on May 6. 

I am having difficulty comprehending the jealous behaviour that I am getting from people. My sister is one of these jealous people. Our relationship is suffering since he surgery.

is this normal? How do you. One with the changed behaviour of others towards you? 

MonaLisaSmile
on 7/6/16 5:05 pm - Canada

Family dynamics can be hard.   I have to limit my time with certain family members because it causes me anxiety and un -needed stress. I still visit, but keep them short.

Try to spend more time with supportive positive people and activities that feed your soul.  Misery loves company as they say.  For some people that are stuck in a rut.....they want to try to suck you in.  Just be strong and choose happiness and stay on track with your program.

Look out for you.....because no one else will!  

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

Teio
on 7/6/16 6:22 pm
RNY on 03/23/16

Thank you!my sis has always been the smaller sister. Now I am smaller. And I'm no longer sick. Our roles have reversed. I wish she was supportive. 

I am happy to say to do have some support.

peachpie
on 7/6/16 6:50 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

So my sister had VSG a few years before me. I was so far removed from the idea of surgery at the time, I listened to her, but want invested in it like she was. In retrospect I wonder if I came off as uninterested or unsupportive. She gently encouraged me to consider surgey- I wasn't into the idea. The thing I noticed changed in our relationship is that we couldn't bond over food. Together we could do some damage eating. I noticed she spoke more frequently with my other sister who has all been smaller. I felt a little hurt, tried to hide it.

now I've had RNY, and am doing well. We talk about the challenges of post op life, etc-- but being two different surgeries, and varying success-- it's sometimes awkward. I feel guilty often and avoid the subject.

its hard for your sister, she's processing a lot. I'd give her the space to let her do just that. 

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Teio
on 7/6/16 7:20 pm
RNY on 03/23/16

Thank you!

Most Active
Recent Topics