Hips still fat

wandak
on 6/17/16 7:16 pm - lexington, oh
RNY on 01/05/16

I am down 66 pounds but my hips still have fat on them. Will it ever come off? I have another 26 pounds to reach my goal of 140. Any advice?

Wanda

karin602
on 6/17/16 9:24 pm - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

You will still have some fat as part of being human. However some of what you consider fat may be mostly excess skin. Wait until you reach goal. Then you can decide how you feel about hips and even possible skin surgery. I know at 9 lbs. Below goal I still feel hippy but it is really the skin. I have decided not to go through surgery. I can wear size 4 or depending on cut/brand sometimes 6. One brand I fit into a zero! Must have been a vanity size. Almost bought it but knew it wasn't something I'd probably wear. So keep on losing and doing as great as you're doing and when you get to maintenance reassess. Also keep in mind your bone structure plays a major part on your final dimensions. If you were born with a wide pelvic structure it will be different from someone with narrow hips. No matter what size you end up wearing you will be so much healthier losing over a hundred pounds. Great going!

Karin

Laura in Texas
on 6/18/16 6:41 am

For most of us, whatever our body shape was before, it stays pretty similar. For example, if you were apple-shaped, most will remain apple-shaped even after losing weight. The more weight you lose, the more fat you will lose, so you will most likely lose some more on your hips, but your shape will probably remain the same.

If it bothers you, you can always look into liposuction or plastic surgery.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

NYMom222
on 6/18/16 1:14 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

We don't get to chose where we lose. Only a Plastic Surgeon will be able to accurately tell you if it is fat or skin. While skin doesn't weigh a lot the rolls of it sure look a lot like fat.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

selhard
on 6/19/16 8:18 am, edited 6/19/16 1:18 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

A large majority of MO women lose weight like a melting snowman.  Strutting my stuff in a new pair of jeans that had a zipper instead of an elastic band waist was met with a comment by my daughter.  She said, "you know Mom, you still have a big butt, it's just a smaller big butt."  Maybe you'll still have fat hips, just smaller fat hips.  Advice?  strut them no matter how they end up.

Teena D.
on 6/27/16 6:53 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Haha! I need a love button for this. ? ? ????????

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Most Active
Recent Topics