Chicken

Teio
on 4/9/16 7:15 pm
RNY on 03/23/16

So chicken and my belly don't seem to like each other.

I puréed everything. I chewed. I ate the amount that I am allowed, and I feel sick.

The worst part....I ate chicken yesterday and the same thing happened. I thought it was a fluke, but here I am....second time....and I want to throw up. I feel super full. And I feel just awful.

chicken...so my belly decides that it doesn't like chicken. 

Now that's two things, chicken and avocado. 

Will this get easier? Will I ever be able to eat these things? 

Signed....

frustrated...full and chicken less. 

seattledeb
on 4/9/16 7:41 pm

You are too early for chicken. It's hard for me and I had surgery in 08.

MOIST food is best.

Teio
on 4/9/16 7:44 pm
RNY on 03/23/16

I think you're correct. My plan says that I can eat that as on last Wednesday, but I'm having a rough time even though I have puréed everything, 

Thank you!

Back to yogurt, shakes etc for a little while longer.

in the meantime I have the worst stomach ache. 

CerealKiller Kat71
on 4/9/16 7:58 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I love chicken -- and I had the same issue after surgery for quite a while.  

Here's my advice -- just because something doesn't go well on the first go, does NOT mean that it won't be okay eventually.  BUT, the best thing to do is to put it aside for a while and come back to it.  Wait at LEAST two to three weeks before attempting it again.  Make sure you try it at home and not when you are out.  

For the first 5 months, you should always try a food at home first before attempting to eat it out.

I had a bad run with chicken (breasts) cooked any way, fried eggs, deli meats and tuna for quite a while.  It seemed completely non-sensical.  I was able to eat steak before I could eat chicken!!  Seriously!!  

Eventually all these things were just fine.  Take heart -- just set it aside for a while and come back after your pouch has had some more time.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Teio
on 4/9/16 8:29 pm
RNY on 03/23/16

Thank you!

i am following the eating plan that I was given. So I am eating within the guidelines. Yes....I am goi g to try again in a few weeks....and from home.

chicken just doesn't want to stay in me. This scares me as I was bulemic as a teenager......I try so hard to avoid vomiting and right now that's all I feel like doing because of the nausea and hurting. Yuck! 

Thank you for your words and support. I'm going to return to bland food for a bit. I a, afraid of hurting my pouch. 

karenp8
on 4/10/16 6:48 am - Brighton, IL

I was the same way right after surgery and was sad because chicken was one of my fave before surgery. It took a few attempts before I could comfortably eat chicken. Most of the time at home now I eat thighs because they are more moist than breast meat. Any meat needs to be moist or served with sauce or I will have issues. Post surgery I have been known to send a steak back if it is overcooked because I just can't eat it that way!

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/9/16 8:44 pm

Dark meat is easier than white chicken meat.  More moist.

8 years post op - I had 6 oz of grilled chicken, covered in tahini sauce, plus small salad.  I was full for few hours. 

And I can eat meat and most other things... Chicken is challeging at times. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Eggface
on 4/10/16 1:13 am, edited 4/10/16 1:06 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Yes it gets easier and yes more than likely you will eat those foods again. 

Shrimp was my chicken... tried twice early on and trouble each time. I waited a month, got brave again and it worked out. 

Eggs (this is a common one), Chicken, Beef for others... just because it's on the list as OK doesn't mean OUR body read the list ;) 

Like a poster above mentioned moisture is important... puree with plenty of Greek yogurt and herb/spices mixed together and bonus it's more protein :) and when you move to solids... make it into a dip... I dip most meats still to this day years out...

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2016/02/post- weight-loss-surgery-menus-day-in_26.html 

Eating is trial and error for the first few months... but now more than ever remember that old saying "if at first you don't succeed, try again." 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

EAH
on 4/10/16 2:10 am - CA

Hey guys, sorry for the quick threadjack, but while Michelle (Eggface) is here I was wondering if she (You, Michelle) would seriously consider putting out a cook book based on her (your) blog. It would be great if it were broken down into stages- pureed to full on meals. I love the blog but it can be overwhelming with all the information and recipes available. It would be really nice to have something organized and all together in one book ( or broken down into a series of books) as well. I just spent $15 on a really useless book on what to eat after RNY and so wish that Eggface would just package up her awesome recipes and wisdom in a tidy parcel(s) that is easy to access.

These surgeries are becoming so popular I KNOW there must be a market for it. You have at least 1 buyer 

Ericka

Eggface
on 4/10/16 8:05 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Aww well thank you for the vote of confidence and thinking the recipes worthy of paper and ink. That made my day :) 

The Eggface Pinterest page has them a little more organized into categories ;) and I will attempt to work on that more.

xo Thank you for the smile.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Most Active
Recent Topics