Post op fatigue ????

ShaunaBinks
on 4/3/16 1:14 pm
RNY on 03/16/16

Tell me I am not going crazy here. 

I am just shy of 3 weeks post op. I took a week off work , then worked from home this past week. Going in to the office tomorrow 

I seem to fade around 3 or 4 pm every single day   Sometimes I nap sometimes I push though

But today! I can come from church and have been lazing in bed, slept for 2.5 hours!!

Some days I do great - for days and then hit a wall 

I am getting my protein in and water 

Others going through this ? When does it get better?

I am missing my caffeine!!

Lapband removal May 2014

RNY March 16, 2016    HW 258/ SW 249 / CW  235 / GW 149 (my goal. surgeons goal 170)

Han Shot First
on 4/3/16 1:18 pm - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Totally normal.  It gets better each week, and it was probably 6-8 weeks before I really felt "normal."  Unfortunately there's nothing to do but power through it.  And remember, the worst is over!

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Nicole K.
on 4/3/16 1:24 pm - Santa Monica, CA
RNY on 02/12/16

Thanks for making me feel better, I'm at 7 weeks and some days I still struggle.

Nicole 

RNY on 2/12/2016 with Dr. Kent Sasse

First consultation weight: 309  Goal weight: 150

Teio
on 4/3/16 1:31 pm
RNY on 03/23/16

I'm eleven days out. Been pushing myself a bit. Grateful to know the energy will return. I'm soooooo tired these days. Drove to USA yesterday and it's taking me all day today to recover. 

CJ2pt0
on 4/3/16 3:31 pm

Ditto, ditto, ditto...

i had my surgery on 9 Mar.  Last week was my first full days back at work (I was bored the week before so I worked 1/2 days from home).  Every day I came home and took a 2-3 hr nap.  I just rolled with it.  Everyday I have a little more energy.  

Hang in there it gets better!,

CJ

Jo_Jo
on 4/3/16 3:44 pm
RNY on 02/09/16

I was the same. I went back to work on week 3; I had to leave early twice and took the rest of the week off. I was a mess; and everyone kept telling me how pale I was (because that's what we want to hear) I was not getting enough water or protein or much of anything really. I felt better once I started getting enough protein. I'm almost 8 weeks out and I feel great most of the time. There are still days, like yesterday, when I just can't get anything down. But, then you wake up the next day and all your clothes are too big and you realize it's worth it. Hang in there. 

MonaLisaSmile
on 4/3/16 4:06 pm - Canada

I was just the same.  Never been a napper but that first month -WOW WEE.. .I was laying down by 2-3:00 everyday.  Not necessarily sleeping but I HAD TO lay down.  Just exhaused.  Took til about month 3 to feel back to normal.

However on the plus side. ..I do remember having the best sleep of my life in those first few months at night.  It was amazing!!!!!  

I cut our the caffeine long before surgery so I know in my case it wasn't  that !!Lol

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

Maro
on 4/3/16 4:25 pm

Consider you have had an important big surgery and everything need to recover... PLUS you are eating much less than before and maybe still in a liquid/ puree diet.

take it easy and rest and sleep as possible, I am on the same. 5 days post op!

Laura in Texas
on 4/3/16 5:34 pm

You are not alone. Some people bounce back quickly, for others it takes longer. I did not feel totally energized until about the six month mark. I went back to work after 2 weeks, but napped a lot and went to bed super early for the first few months. 

It does get better, I promise. Hang in there!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Flaxie
on 4/3/16 5:51 pm
RNY on 03/15/16

You are not going crazy. I am exactly the same. I cannot get enough sleep! I have to stop during my walks, not because I am out of breath but because I am so exhausted.  I feel like I am 97!  I have booked some more leave and am doing short weeks for the next month, Wednesdays off.  Surely by then I will back to normal. 

Most Active
Recent Topics