Food ideas for soft foods portion of the program?

Teio
on 4/1/16 2:28 pm
RNY on 03/23/16

I'm getting ready to do my grocery shopping. Wondering if anyone can suggest recipes, foods for the soft foods part of the program?

i begin on Wednesday! Surgeon and nurses say I am progressing nicely! I attribute it to the advice and support from this board!

thank you all!

Kathy S.
on 4/1/16 2:59 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Congratulations on your surgery!

Here is a link of tons of post about soft food recipes for you.

Soft Food Recipes

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

cheapskate
on 4/1/16 3:23 pm
RNY on 03/30/15

loved refried beans with cheese and the ricotta bake on Eggfaces blog.(World according to eggface). I also ate greek yogurt with protein powder mixed in.

NYMom222
on 4/1/16 6:03 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I agree, those are all good...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

NYMom222
on 4/1/16 6:07 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

My girlfriend who just had sleeve surgery would make herself egg drop soup. Heat the broth. Scramble and egg and drizzle it into the hot broth while stirring the broth. Add a splash of soy sauce if you want. I thought that sounded good, not really soft per se, but adds protein.

Cottage cheese or ricotta are good. I like ricotta sweetened, and add vanilla extract. You can stir in a splash of milk if it is too thick. I have been using that new Fairlife milk, higher protein---lower carb.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Pokemom
on 4/1/16 10:42 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

My surgeon's office allowed a soft-scrambled egg as part of the soft foods--I would mix the egg with a little milk, and even add a little cheddar cheese, and if I cooked it at medium/low heat, stirring it all through the cooking process, and removed it before it hardened up--it was soft, and it felt like such a yummy thing.

I agree on the refried beans, the ricotta bake on the Eggface site, and cottage cheese.

I liked having ricotta cheese with a little salsa on it.

Egg salad

Lentil soup (a thick version)

I was also allowed to have high-protein yogurt in the soft foods time. I have tried a lot of Greek yogurts now, and have looked for low-sugar options that do not have artificial sweeteners.  My favorite is Fage.  It is less tart than some yogurts, and so it does not require much sweetening at all.  A small amount of fruit puree, for example--a T of applesauce.  I have even seen some posts where people eat the Fage with salsa.

I was also allowed to have cheeses of almost any kind during the soft foods stage--as long as I chewed the well, they were considered "soft" on my plan.  But that is worth checking with your surgeon's office.

Most Active
Recent Topics