Small victories!

Teio
on 3/26/16 6:40 pm, edited 3/26/16 7:31 pm
RNY on 03/23/16

Today is Day Three post op. 

I walked a half a mile! Woohoo!

Additionally, I was starting to feel very bloated and noticed that (tmi alert! ) that I hadn't had a BM since before the surgery.

my body doesn't tolerate iron well. But today since I walked I've had my first post op BM. I swear I did a happy dance. The pain I had must have been gas pain because that seems to be gone also!

small victory, but alas still a victory! 

PaulaB72
on 3/26/16 9:10 pm - Canada

I was very excited about my first post op bm too the other day! 

HW - 339lbs

SW - 301

CW - 282lbs

RNY 03/21/2016

Sunqueen15
on 3/27/16 2:26 am
RNY on 03/21/16

I'm jealous! No BM since surgery 6 days ago. Very uncomfortable tummy feeling always. Im now adding miralax to my drinks in hopes something happens tomorrow, Happy Easter to me lol Also, congrats on your walk! Im having a very very difficult time with walking. I feel like my heart is going to pound out of my chest, I cant catch my breath, and a nauseated feeling. Talked to the nurse and she said it is common and not to push myself, that I just had major replumbing and to rest. Im fearful that I will become lazy and dependant on "resting/sitting" so Im still trying a few little walks. I hope this passes soon and I can share in your success :-)

MonaLisaSmile
on 3/27/16 5:20 am, edited 3/26/16 10:20 pm - Canada

Hey..... victory indeed!!!! 

Never underestimate the importance of " a good poop".  For you newbies....dont let it get away from you. ( like I did).  Many of us have had nothing short of a nightmare experience with constipation in the beginning.  I can't express enough how "HORRID"  it can get.

They told me 5 days after surgery was quite normal for the first one....but after that point, if they aren't coming naturally at least every 2-3 days....you might want to be taking some products to induce one.  Trial and error will prove which ones works best for you,

PS..congrats on your walking!!

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

Kala2032
on 3/27/16 7:47 am - Marrero, LA
RNY on 02/08/16

Yay Im so proud of you!

Shocked too since for me day 3 I was still in the hospital (mine was open). 1/2 mile is fantastic 

lol I remember walking in the hallways and around to the other hall. I think the Physical therapist and her assistant finally said "you have done great. Lets get you back to the room" Maybe it was code word for thats enough we cant stay here with you all day walking. I just wanted out the hospital but that was a requirement to get out. That and holding down everything and drinking at least 48 oz. 

Height 5' 10, HW: 538 lbs 05/2015, SW: 444 lbs 2/2016, CW:213lbs 8/2017

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 3/27/16 11:45 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

i called that first milestone VICTORY AT SEA.  just a joke for the nurses. good luck for your continued recovery

Sharon

Most Active
Recent Topics