March surgery buddies where are you ??

ShaunaBinks
on 3/21/16 12:23 pm
RNY on 03/16/16

5 days post op 

i think I just hit that lull - the one that follows all the excitement of the upcoming surgery, the prep, the planning. Now post anesthesia and meds it's just kind of a flat feeling.  

Even in my booklet it said that moodiness and depressive feelings can be expected.  

Hubs can say yes about the moodiness ? Poor guy. I was kinda *****y last night. 

Today at its more  of a down feeling. I know I need to get back to work so there is stress there- I can work from home so I think I will re engage tomorrow. Although I really wanted a break. I am in sales so the work doesn't wait for me 

have enjoyed watching some tv and puttering around the house. 

Just wondering want my February and March surgery buddies are up to and how they are spending their time 

Lapband removal May 2014

RNY March 16, 2016    HW 258/ SW 249 / CW  235 / GW 149 (my goal. surgeons goal 170)

karenp8
on 3/21/16 12:59 pm - Brighton, IL

The craziness is totally normal. I just apologized to my hubby right up front. As fat starts melting it releases hormones stored in it into your system. It does get better though,I promise! My hubby says it was worth the crabiness because he got a hot new wife out of the deal!

canadianmommyof2
on 3/21/16 2:50 pm
RNY on 03/16/16

Hi shauna, 

Ihad surgery same day as you. Still having pain. I'm trying to rest to feel better but at the same time trying to get all my water and vitamins in.

I went out and came back home and had cravings. My mom baked today as that's her business. When I came back in I smelled the cake and that made me hungry so I had one of my snacks which was sugar free ice cream. 

Hope you're recovering well. 

Jen

Kakesie
on 3/21/16 1:03 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

Hi Shauna,

I had my surgery Febr. 19th.  My biggest problem is that I seem to think I'm hungry all the time.  I think it's boredom and maybe some of that moodiness you mention.  I don't work outside of the home so sitting around all day long makes me think about eating.  I sell figurines on eBay so I got busy and listed some more and when I was doing that I didn't think about eating.  Besides that I'm doing great!  I try to take a walk everyday with my little Chihuahua (who walks much faster than I do and keeps me trotting!)  Take Care, Shauna and everyone else who had surgery this past month or so!

Karen  :)

Steph262
on 3/21/16 3:04 pm
RNY on 03/18/16

3 days post op and I'm already hitting a "lull" maybe? I am just way over the clear liquids! And I fuss I kind of feel hungry and I didn't think I would this early. But I am holding steady and doesn't my best to sip all of my water! Just get discouraged some days and really can't wait until purrees start on Sunday for me! 

Hope everyone is doing wel! 

ShaunaBinks
on 3/21/16 4:45 pm
RNY on 03/16/16

I am and have always been surprised at how different the pre op and post op directions have been for everyone 

I am on full liquids- was clear liquids for 24 hours and then full- protein shakes , soups/broth  won't start Purees Til next week  - a week from today. You are on clear and then to Purees.  I want to go to puréed with you :)

With full liquid the variety has been available   I don't know how you are doing clear!!! 

I am out at a church rehearsal tonight

After I posted this afternoon I went to the kitchen, made dinner for the family   Made a soup for me , that helped get me out of my lull a little  

Lapband removal May 2014

RNY March 16, 2016    HW 258/ SW 249 / CW  235 / GW 149 (my goal. surgeons goal 170)

Daffodilgirl
on 3/21/16 5:13 pm

I had my surgery on March 4. I really didn't feel bad or down I would just cry for no reason. My kids thought I had went crazy :) 

Stempel
on 3/21/16 6:48 pm
RNY on 02/29/16

I'm 3 weeks out from surgery and was able to start pureed food today! Refried beans never tasted so good!!!  Dinner was mashed potatoes and avocado! So amazing! I went back to work last week and ended up getting sick at the end of the week. This week I'm not working as much as normal to take care of myself! I think we all forget that just because it was done laparoscopic it wasn't Minor surgery! It was a major surgery and our bodies need time to heal! 

35 yrs HW 257 CW 224. Surgery date 2/29/16 with Dr. Jeffery Baker

Nicole K.
on 3/22/16 5:46 pm - Santa Monica, CA
RNY on 02/12/16

I'm not exactly March, I'm almost 6 weeks post op.  I get the depression thing, I've been crying for no reason and sad all the time. Kinda weird for someone who has lost over 30 lbs.

I'm not good about eating, I'm hardly ever hungry, and when I do eat, it's like I have to force it down. I'm still not doing great with solid foods, been sticking primarily to beans and soup and protein shakes. My sweet tooth is GONE, and I had a really huge one. The thought of eating anything sugary makes me sick to my stomach. I have to get better about the water and exercise thing, I get tired pretty easy.

Nicole 

RNY on 2/12/2016 with Dr. Kent Sasse

First consultation weight: 309  Goal weight: 150

Most Active
Recent Topics