Cold medicine?

Stempel
on 3/19/16 4:15 am
RNY on 02/29/16

3 weeks out from surgery and my extremely generous hubby gave me a nasty cold! Still on liquid diet.... Anyone have any tips for cold medicine we can take? So far all I can take in chewable Tylenol.  My brother in law's wedding reception is tonight and I must go! I'd like to not be a blubbering mess!

35 yrs HW 257 CW 224. Surgery date 2/29/16 with Dr. Jeffery Baker

Catek2652
on 3/19/16 5:57 am
RNY on 10/26/15

I think I would call my surgeon. I am recovering from the flu, a sinus infection and bronchitis thanks to a visit from my sister who gave it to everyone in the family. My PCP gave me an antibiotic that wrecked havoc with my pouch and guts and also gave me conflicting instructions on when and how to take it. What she said was the exact opposite of the instructions that came from the pharmacy. She said to take with food and plenty of water (which, as you know, we cannot eat and drink at the same time) and the pharmacy instructions were to take on a completely empty stomach and drink with 8 ounces of water.  After trying this stuff both ways and ending up in pain; I finally called my surgeon. She took me off this particular antibiotic and put me on something else that I could get in a chewable form that I could take with food. She also prescribed an inhaler to ease the coughing and open my airways.

When I come in next time, going to have a chat with the nutritionist about probiotics and see if I can get my immune system back on track. This is the second time I've been sick since my surgery and I'm not liking it much. Prior to surgery, the last time I got sick with even so much as a head cold was about 7 years ago and I recovered in a week. I think my guts are not working right to protect me any more.

Cate K

Northern Neck, VA 5'4" 56 years old

Highest weight 245: 7/1/2015, RNY surgery on October 26th. Had multiple complications and follow up surgeries and stayed in hospital for 24 days. Goal weight is 140.

Missella20
on 3/19/16 2:43 pm
RNY on 07/11/13

I was told that I can take all Tylenol products. Just make sure no NSAIDs. Hope you feel better soon!

HW 264    SW 234    CW 149    5'4" 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 320 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 240 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 300 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??