It is really surgery day tomorrow? Gulp!

MelodyMay
on 2/29/16 2:30 pm
RNY on 03/01/16

Good lord, I am nervous. I had a revelation though and it's made me feel a bit better. Part of my fear was the reaction to the anesthesia. When I've had oral surgery, I fought against the gas due to a panic attack. It was so bad they couldn't proceed. I thought I'd be reliving that and I honestly didn't know if I could.

Thank goodness I remembered having a endoscopy and colonoscopy a few years ago & for those, they used anesthesia. I hardly remember any of it. I didn't fight, I wasn't uncontrollably scared. I am just hoping the nurses give me something for my anxiety as soon as I get there, but other than that, I think I'm going to be okay.

I hope so anyway...

Melody

HW: 394 SW: 359 GW: 187

Maria27
on 2/29/16 3:01 pm - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

Good luck, I hope everything goes smoothly!

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

Kris G.
on 2/29/16 3:01 pm

I too worry about anesthesia not so much that I need medication but I know others that do, It is so normal to be worried. I usually wake up from anesthesia crying I must be happy I am alive or something. I started telling myself that as we speak there are hundreds of thousands of people having surgery and if it was so bad that no one would have surgery! Take care and try to remain calm, this last surgery I don't even remember then saying anything I laid on the table and the next thing I remember it was over! 

Eggface
on 2/29/16 3:05 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Excited for you! Best wishes & prayers for smooth procedure and speedy healing. Hope you will soon say what I do about having weight loss surgery... best gift I ever gave myself.

P.S. If the anxiety (normal) gets overwhelming the Dr can give you a little something something ;) for that. 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

(deactivated member)
on 2/29/16 3:11 pm

Best wishes to you. 

Deanna798
on 2/29/16 3:26 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

the anesthesia for the surgery is much stronger and better than anything you would have had for oral surgery.  I woke up during oral surgery and started fighting my dentist, but I remember nothing from my surgery.  You'll do fine and tomorrow you'll join us on the losers bench.  You've got this!

Saying a prayer and check in when you can.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Kenneishak
on 2/29/16 3:39 pm - Forestville, MD

Good Luck and Congrats onto your new beginnings. See you on the other side!!! Praying for a swift recovery.

ShaunaBinks
on 2/29/16 5:26 pm
RNY on 03/16/16

You are going to do great!! I will be thinking of you. 

Lapband removal May 2014

RNY March 16, 2016    HW 258/ SW 249 / CW  235 / GW 149 (my goal. surgeons goal 170)

Lilly8985
on 2/29/16 5:42 pm

Good luck! Sending positive vibes your way for a smooth recovery!

Kathyjs
on 2/29/16 5:51 pm

You got this. !! Ask for something for nerves pre op. Congrats on a new life

Most Active
Recent Topics