Had my rny surgery last Friday and am feeling GREAT!

Kakesie
on 2/25/16 1:31 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

Hi Everyone! 

I had my RNY surgery Friday, Febr. 19th.  I'm surprised at how great I feel.  I didn't have ANY nausea and I'm even able to drink water and eat my liquid diet at the same time as long as I take it slow.  My belly feels a little sore, but that is to be expected.  I had it done lapriscopically and my incisions are starting to itch a little which means they are healing.  I'm so glad I did this and am thrilled at how easy it seems to be!

Karen  :)

Ashley in Belgium
on 2/25/16 1:34 pm - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

That's a great way to begin your journey! Welcome to the losers bench.

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

Kakesie
on 2/25/16 1:38 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

Thanks, Ashley!

MelodyMay
on 2/25/16 3:38 pm
RNY on 03/01/16

My surgery is on 3/1/16 and reading this gave me hope. I have been completely paralyzed with Fear over this surgery. I've never even been admitted into a Hospital so all I can think of is the negative aspect and have been stunted by the fear of the unknown. 

Knowing yours turned out so well and that you feel great helps to ease my fears, just a bit. 

Thanks for sharing. 

Kakesie
on 2/25/16 4:52 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

I'm so glad my post gave you hope, Melody May!  I'm sure you will do great, too!  I was a little worried and anxious about this surgery and I am pleased to say it was so much easier than I thought it would be.  I'll be thinking of you on March 1st and will be excited to hear your experiences and follow you as you get skinny!  :)

CJ2pt0
on 2/25/16 9:14 pm

Melody, I'm right behind (9 Mar) and I'm getting a little anxious too.  It posts like this that inspire me too. I love the positive energy and advice I find in the group.  Please let me know how yours goes on 1 Mar...Ill be pulling for you.

dog_hair_dinner
on 2/26/16 7:50 am
RNY on 03/01/16

Hey, we have the same surgery date!!

I'm terrified also.  I've never had surgery of any kind and this is major.

It helps me to know that whatever happens, I can deal with it.  The hospital provided me with alot of information as to what to look for in any complications and such.  It will be painful, it will be unpleasant, but we're doing something good for our health and it's the sacrifice we need to make.

LookinToLose2016
on 2/27/16 8:36 am
RNY on 02/18/16

I had my surgery the day before, 2/18/2016 and was also one of the lucky ones!  I wasn't nauseous and had very little pain! I took one pain pill the first night home from the hospital. I did have a little trouble getting my fluids down at first but now I'm doing great! I will say I'm getting sick of protein shakes and I'm really looking forward to having a real, but very small meal! Lol

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/16 3:56 pm

That's Awesome! Remember as you progress thru the stages, your insides will take twice as long as your outside does. Letting them properly heal is paramount for giving yourself the best chance going forward. Keep everyone here updated so that we can celebrate with you as this happens.

I have gotten so much important knowledge from the vets here. Good luck 

Terri70
on 2/25/16 4:48 pm

Look at you!!!! Your loss is amazing! Way to go!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 309 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views