9 years and counting...

martitalinda
on 2/4/16 6:33 pm

I SWAM LIKE A SHARK ... oh wait ... it may have been like a dolphin ... I love to swim .. a marathon swimmer, it is my most favorite exercise ... TODAY after I came home from work I went to the pool and I swam to celebrate...  I chose to celebrate my 9 year re-birth .. the day I snatched my life back from morbid obesity and 5 related co-morbidities.

I chose to celebrate today although the actual date is tomorrow because tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of my twin grandbabies transitioning to angelhood ... Two little angels that inducted me into grandmahood... they blessed us with 5 hours and we celebrated them with gladness I will always celebrate them with joy as we now await the birth of their brother or sister as once again I live and dream of being a healthy young nana for whenever the miracle happens.

Yes I AM CELEBRATING... I am celebrating that the CPAP machine and the horrible mask that spooked me at nights when I caught my reflection in the mirror is no longer my bed mate.... I am celebrating that Toprol-XL for hypertension is something of the past ... I am celebrating that its been 9 years since I took Zetia for my hyperlipidemia or Glucovance twice daily for my type II diabetes or Nexium for gastroesophageal reflux so bad I used to think my esophagus was on fire ... I remember not being able to climb a flight of stairs without tooting my inhaler or hacking up a lung .. shortness of breath and asthmatic episodes daily several times a day all behind me ... and they will stay there as long as I walk the course.

... this is my life ... my journey for health and wellness ... I embrace it... I live it ... because MORBID OBESITY ALMOST KILLED ME .. I have my life back! and I AM NOT GOING BACK!!!... HAPPY 9 YEARS SURGIVERSARY TO MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! YUP  ... I swam this day ... sooooooooooo many laps I lost count ... I am refreshed and invigorated .... ahhhhhhhhhh Morbid Obesity where is your sting! I will keep focused and keep you under my feet ... one day..one choice at a time ... I will continue my digital journal A Picture A Day Keeps the Pounds and the Inches Away ... an empiric tool that my beautiful sister María Carmela (RIP) suggested ... sometimes I really don't want to ... but I remember ...

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

mschwab
on 2/4/16 6:48 pm
RNY on 11/21/14

Thank you for telling your story. You are amazing, and beautiful. Congratulations!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Dartmouth
on 2/4/16 7:23 pm - United Kingdom
RNY on 05/20/14

So impressive!  Congratulations!  At 2 years out, I know that the future is the real test!  You have passed with flying colours!

Grim_Traveller
on 2/4/16 8:15 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Happy anniversary martitalinda. It's good to see you.

I'm sorry again about your grandbabies. Give your son and his wife an extra hug for me.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

NYMom222
on 2/4/16 8:21 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Beautiful! Happy Anniversary. I remember you sharing last year about your grandbabies. So hard, they truly are little angels.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

karenp8
on 2/4/16 8:40 pm - Brighton, IL

So happy to see you are doing well. Give your son and daughter in law a big hug from me. I will keep you all in my prayers tomorrow. You are such an inspiration my dear!

SkinnyScientist
on 2/5/16 1:59 am

Love you, your pics and posts!  They are a breath of fresh air that every newbie should read...and those that have "buyer's remorse" after the surgery

:)  

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

martitalinda
on 2/5/16 3:25 am

Thank you all soooo very much for your encouragement and support always!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/16 4:26 am

Congratulations!  You are a true inspiration to all of us!  Thank you for sharing your experience with us here and God Bless You Always!!!

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/16 4:27 am

Glad you are doing well. So sorry about your gandbabies. 

You are looking great. 

Most Active
Recent Topics