Monthly stalls! Discouraged.

Jenn77p
on 1/18/16 4:21 pm
RNY on 08/07/15

hello everyone. I am getting discouraged. I am 5 1/2months post op. I have only lost 60 lbs give or take a few. Last month I stalled for three weeks then lost 3 lbs. Now, again it's been three weeks and no loss!  This is supposed to be honey moon phase?  I have at least the very minimum 45 more lbs to loose!!!!  Am I going to loose it before my honeymoon phase is up?  I am so scared I will not. My weight loss has slowed down drastically. Not sure what to do. I must do something. 

Jenn 77 p

White Dove
on 1/18/16 4:37 pm - Warren, OH

It gets harder every month.  The rapid loss slows down and you are able to eat more.  But to keep losing you will have to watch calories.  Track everything you eat and drink.  It may help to post your daily menus so others can look for things that may be causing you to not lose.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Jenn77p
on 1/18/16 5:43 pm
RNY on 08/07/15

How many calories should I be taking in?  I am 5"0. And now 175lbs. My goal is 130 tops 

Jenn 77 p

MonaLisaSmile
on 1/18/16 5:20 pm - Canada

I agree with White Dove......keep a very close eye on the food.  You may be unknowingly eating more....or eating the wrong things,  I would try slashing any fruit and carbs ...uping the protein and water and see if you have better luck.

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

Jenn77p
on 1/18/16 5:42 pm
RNY on 08/07/15

I will be happy to post all foods I take in. And I welcome all constructive criticism!!!  I am learning what to eat. I never ever ate healthy. Thus why I was obese and needed WLS.  Today's menue included 

B fast. One scrambled egg. One jimmy dean sausage link 

lunch. 80 calorie Damon Greek yogurt with 2 tbs of protein granola. 1/2 cup cottage cheese. 100 calorie pack almonds and walnuts 

dinner. Chicken strips 3. Topped with 1 slice melted moozerella 2/4 cup roasted zucchini 

snack. 80 calorie Damon light Greek yogurt with granola.

drinks. 32 oz crystal light iced tea

16 0z water

16 oz hot decaf tea  

i will post daily and welcome any help!!!!!  

Jenn 77 p

cheapskate
on 1/18/16 6:08 pm
RNY on 03/30/15

first thing I would suggest, Start following/taking part in the whats on your menu thread that Angry Viking starts every morning. SO informative. People post their menus and their nutritional info and how far out they are. I love that thread!!

Second, I think you're to carb heavy. Those yogurts alone have 12 carbs a piece in them. You say chicken strips, which makes me think breaded and I would not do that.

One of the habits of a successful wls patient is being very cognizant with what they are eating. Let's be honest, we didnt get obese on carrot sticks and air! Don't eyeball what you are eating and "think" you are okay...weigh and measure and KNOW you are okay.

You definitely have time and opportunity to make the neccesary changes and hit your goal...You can do it.

Jenn77p
on 1/18/16 6:57 pm
RNY on 08/07/15

Maybe I should not have the yogurt?  Or just one daily?  How many carbs is too much in one day?  The chicken strips were grilled. Pre cooked. Hannaford brand. Thinking about it, I have been eating 2-3 yogurts per day. Maybe that could be my problem!! Thanks for opening my eyes. See, sometimes we just need someone else looking into what we are doing. Thank you so much. I'm sure I will still need some advice, so for sure I will be posting and looking for advice on angry Vikings daily menu. 

Jenn 77 p

aesposito
on 1/18/16 7:24 pm

Agreed, that's a LOT of yogurt, which is filled with sugar ("natural" or not, sugar is sugar).

As for how many carbs you need a day, you need to find your sweet spot.  Right now in the middle of winter when I can't bike, I am at around 50 a day.  In the summer when I am on the bicycle every other day, it's more like 100.

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

Deanna798
on 1/19/16 2:50 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I'm about 5.5 months out and while my loss seems to be slowing,  and I've had a few stalls, my loss has been pretty consistent.  

Track your ca lorries and carbs. I have a calorie limit of 850 max, and 75 carbs. I like to fall below that,  and keep my carbs at 50 and my calories at 75o, but some days it's hard. 

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

chulbert
on 1/19/16 5:40 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

If you've already lost 60 and have about 45 more to lose, that means you were "only" about 100 pounds overweight.  That's what some people consider a "lightweight" and your loss will be far slower than someone who had 200+ pounds to lose.

My last 100 pounds lost were a heck of a lot slower than the first 100.  And my last 45 was WAAAAAY slower than the first 45.  The home stretch is always the slowest.

Assuming you are watching your food and making good choices it sounds like your experience is pretty normal.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 480 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 404 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 164 views
Recent Topics