Well that didn't go as planned, but onward we go.

Dee6504
on 12/26/15 11:47 am
RNY on 12/17/15 with

Well my surgery was on the 17th. I was in so much pain I should have known something was wrong. Apparently I quickly grew scar tissue that kinked my bowel and I began essentially drowning in the inside. I had surgery again in Tuesday to repair and all seems to be going well. I'm getting my protein up and have been doing well on my water. I have to call the office Monday and find out what my doc thinks but do you think my stages will progress based on the first surgery or the second.

eventually I'll get around to the signature.

NYMom222
on 12/26/15 2:46 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Only your Doc can answer for sure, but I would think you would start the stages again from the second surgery, as you are now healing internally again. It is not just about weightloss, it is about giving your system time to heal.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

selhard
on 12/27/15 6:03 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Was it scar tissue from past surgeries?  I don't know how fast scar tissue can build-up, but a surgeon told me some people produce more scar tissue than others; that must be you and me.  My small bowel didn't kink but snuck it's way into a hernia so I had corrective surgery last August.  You are right, onward we go.