Cottage Cheese Test

Zee Starrlite
on 11/25/15 8:21 am

First Mich, I don't know of an alternative to cottage cheese.  Here are my thoughts on my experience with the "cottage cheese test"

I actually like this test and the results are pretty accurate though vary a bit (like an ounce or so).  Why the variation?  My personal capacity differs with where I am in my cycle - I'm a woman lol!  I am like 6oz maximum - I remember when I used to be 3.5, 4, 5.5 etc.  Now yes, I can wait a bit and eat again, slider foods can be limitless, grazing etc.  So if you base capacity on that, you'd be all over the place but if you just look up the cottage cheese test and do it as it was set up to be done you'll get reliable results you can see through the years - we certainly increase capacity.

What do my results tell me and why are they helpful.  Well it confirms that my surgery is intact and that I have hope if do what I am supposed to in terms of eating right and exercising.

Many people bad mouth the 5 Day Pouch Test (I've read the whole book and Kaye is fantastic)- I too personally this back on track program.  We do whatever we need to do to get back to healthy post op eating.

I wish you well.  I wonder if you can gently mix (so you do not destroy the required small curd texture) in some type of flavoring on the cottage cheese?

Best,

Layla

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Michelle_2975
on 11/25/15 1:56 pm - Canada

I think I am just going to suck it up and eat the cheese :)
I am also going to be doing the 5 day pouch test.  It used to help me get back on track.

" We do whatever we need to do to get back to healthy post op eating."

Exactly!!  I need to do what is right for ME and  maybe it isn't what others would do.  The rules have changed so much over the years and everyone's program is slightly different.  I do not believe there are any right or wrong ways as long as you are trying to be healthy.

A dream come true!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 487 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 378 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 312 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 110 views