Endometriosis and RNY

fluffyfrog
on 8/17/15 10:04 am - FL
RNY on 12/15/15

Is there anyone who has had gastric bypass that also has Endometriosis? I have been lurking for a few months, but I have not found any discussions on Endometriosis. I am on a medication (pill form) to stop my periods, and love it. I do not want to stop taking my meds prior to or after I have WLS. My OBGYN has said that I should be able to take them with out stoping but it will ultimately be up to my surgions discretion. Does anyone have any insite for me?

Thank you.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/17/15 10:30 am - OH

The isn't any reason that you cannot continue to take your pills after RNY. Depending on the specific drug and how it is coated and/or how and where it is absorbed into your system, the dose might need to be adjusted, though, to compensate for some malabsorption.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

fluffyfrog
on 8/17/15 10:45 am - FL
RNY on 12/15/15

Thank you for your response. That is my thoughts. I wasn't sure if the malabsorption would be an issue. If I miss more than 2 days of my meds, my cramping is excrutiating!!!

Cooter N.
on 8/18/15 8:10 pm

I had surgery for my endometriosis years ago and were symptom free until I was about 2 months out of my rny. My hormones went crazy and so did my endometriosis for a few months. It has subsided and I am 6 months post op. I would think your meds should still be OK, but always good to ask your provider.

Surgery 2/3/15 Band to RNY Hw:272 CW:262   

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 267 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 316 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 332 views