My first NSV.

kaniky
on 7/19/15 11:29 am
RNY on 05/18/15

I had my revision surgery on May 18 and my dad passed away the next morning.  I have really struggled with the emotions from both my surgery and the loss of my dad.  This past weekend we had a celebration of life for my dad at my home with my mom and step siblings.  I ate well with the foods that were cooked at home and stayed within my calorie count and had my proteins where they needed to be.  My daughter made her "world famous" lemon bars and brownies.  I didn't eat any of it.  I plated up the extras and sent them home with my step siblings.  Last night we all went out to my dad's favorite Greek restaurant.  I ordered a gyro which I opened up and ate half the meat out of it and brought the rest of it home for lunch today.  My emotions have been all over the place with the stress of this get together and being worried about my mom's well being.  She's been struggling since the loss of my dad.  It was hard but I know my dad wanted to see me healthy, happy and participating in my life again.  So, even under the stress and the fact that it was so easily accessible, I avoided the pita bread, garlic bread, lemon bars and brownies.  Yay me!  

Thanks for everyone's continued support of each other.  This place is great!

I never said it would be easy. I said it would be worth it.
M1: -15, M2: -14, M3: -8, M4 -11, M5 -8, M6 -7, M7 -8, M8 -4

mschwab
on 7/19/15 2:47 pm
RNY on 11/21/14

What a great NSV. I am so sorry about the loss of your beloved Dad, but know that he would be so proud of you. 

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Han Shot First
on 7/19/15 3:09 pm - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

I can't imagine how hard it was to have this happen literally right after your surgery.  But good for you for doing what he would want for you!  

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Zonechef
on 7/19/15 5:56 pm
RNY on 12/03/14

You have a very healthy understanding. I'm sure that will serve you well. I am sure your dad is smiling on you/

cspotrun
on 7/19/15 6:46 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

you have turned a tragedy into something positive and meaningful.  What a wonderful person you are!

Karen   

karenp8
on 7/20/15 5:50 am - Brighton, IL

What a strong woman you are! Your dad is smiling for sure!

Capogirl
on 7/20/15 6:14 am

So sorry for the loss of your father.  Great NSV.

kaniky
on 7/20/15 7:15 am
RNY on 05/18/15

Thank you everyone for your kind words.  I truly appreciate it!

I never said it would be easy. I said it would be worth it.
M1: -15, M2: -14, M3: -8, M4 -11, M5 -8, M6 -7, M7 -8, M8 -4

Jaime M.
on 7/20/15 8:42 am
RNY on 08/31/15

I can't even begin to imagine the emotions you must have been (and continue) to go through with the loss of a beloved parent and this huge life change with your surgery.  Kudos to you for maintaining your goals during a difficult situation!  I am not sure I would have done half as well as you did and you deserve this NSV!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 157 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 248 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views