No power - tired of eating out

cspotrun
on 6/24/15 7:04 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

I've really come to enjoy my eating and snack routine. The crazy storm/tornado that hit my area yesterday left basically everyone without power. The few stores that have power have bare shelves. And even if I could buy something to make, I can't cook it or store it! So we have eaten out 4 meals in a row now. I'm making good choices and all is well but Blech. I want my Greek yogurt and PB 2 and sautéed scallops or baked salmon. O and some homemade steak, tuna, or baked chicken. LOL. O well. This too shall pass. So far they are saying the earliest it will be on is tomorrow at 4:00. 

Karen   

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/25/15 4:19 am

Do you have any friends that have power? Maybe invite yourself to their home to cook. ?

When I was working on my kitchen, and got tired of takeout- my friends cooked for me or I cooked for them in their house... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

cspotrun
on 6/25/15 5:14 am
RNY on 07/01/14

That's so sweet! Unfortunately all of my good friends are without power as well. My best friend has a tree on her house. Hotels are full. My husband and kids are more upset about the lack of AC and Internet. But for the first time in months I'm not freezing Hahahaha!

Karen   

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/25/15 4:20 am

I've got power. And fish and scallops in my freezer... Come on... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

cspotrun
on 6/25/15 5:12 am
RNY on 07/01/14

I am so on my way!

Karen   

chris_ruff
on 6/25/15 7:13 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with

i hope power and your routine are restored soon!

--Christina
Emiepie
on 6/25/15 7:49 am
RNY on 08/11/14

That really stinks but kudos to you for making great choices. Hope you have power soon.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

cspotrun
on 6/25/15 8:04 am
RNY on 07/01/14

Thanks! They are now estimating tomorrow at noon. 

Karen   

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 200 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 256 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 265 views