An update and good news.

kaniky
on 6/22/15 8:43 am
RNY on 05/18/15

Last week I posted that I was very upset that I had gained three pounds and that things didn’t seem to be going very well for me.  I still have no idea how I gained three pounds, but I’m cutting myself some slack and moving forward.  I’m also missing my dad who passed the day after my surgery. 

Instead of just talking to my NUT on the phone I made an appointment and went to see her on Friday.  We discussed that my surgery was intense because of the removal of the band, the clean up of scar tissue, fixing a hiatal hernia and THEN having gastric bypass.  The NUT also said that people react very differently to grief.  We talked about how I am my mom’s only outlet to let her grief out because she doesn’t want anyone else to worry about her and that is weighing me down emotionally.  She thinks that the combination of the two is getting to be too much.  She said there is no way I gained 3 pounds worth of fat.  Just didn’t happen.  She doesn’t know what it was, but it isn’t fat weight. 

We talked about what I’m eating and she is comfortable with me getting about 800 calories per day.  60-80 grams of protein.  I asked her what am I supposed to do when I am completely full and have not met my protein requirements.  She suggested (and I am doing) that I get unflavored protein mix (24 proteins per serving) and put it in a non-carbonated flavored water.  I’m not crazy about the texture, but I’ll get through it.  We talked about exercise and I told her that I have been emotionally and physically worn out with everything going on.  She told me she wants me to start slow but would like to see me get moving.  So on Friday afternoon my son and I got in the pool and played water volleyball.  Nothing strenuous, but more than if I just stayed in the house watching TV.  She also only wants me to weigh myself once a week.  She said the scale is obviously something that stresses me. 

Yesterday was a big deal for me.  For some reason, I felt like my dad was with me and I got inspired enough to go on a walk with my hubby.  I only walked .90 miles, but I did it.  I walked a little further than I had planned and felt accomplished when I got home. 

The best present I got was this morning.  I have lost the three pounds I gained plus on more.  I am officially 20 POUNDS lost!!  Thank you all so much for your support!!

I never said it would be easy. I said it would be worth it.
M1: -15, M2: -14, M3: -8, M4 -11, M5 -8, M6 -7, M7 -8, M8 -4

killinmesmalls77
on 6/22/15 8:56 am - MN
RNY on 05/07/15

Way to go! You can do this.  Take it one day at a time and keep moving forward.  Sending love your way! 

HW: 276 SW: 254.1 GW: 125 CW: 154.5

karenp8
on 6/22/15 11:06 am - Brighton, IL

My surgeon too only wanted us to weigh time a week during

the weight loss phase of our journey. Now that I am in maintenance I weigh daily to keep myself accountable. Just keep plugging along one choice at a time and you will get there!

christinerocks
on 6/22/15 1:45 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

My deepest sympathies for your loss. It's so hard to lose a parent and to be your other parents support system.  I've been there! 

And major kudos on your successes to date! I'm sure your father is quite proud of you - but you should be proud of yourself.  Way to go! 

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

NYMom222
on 6/22/15 6:14 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Sounds like you have turned a corner... What a difficult blow losing your Dad, esp. the day after major surgery. Stress can certainly effect our recovery.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 144 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 247 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 301 views
What's on your Monday Menu?