Good news: Gallbladder gone. Bad news: Norco sux

aesposito
on 5/19/15 7:26 pm

Got the little sucker out yesterday after almost 2 years of misery.  Laparoscopic, zip zip, done.

Was given Dilaudid IV at the hospital which was grand. 

Was given Norco to take home for pain.  I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but it's like I was given nothing at all!  No dizzy, no sleepy, no high, no low, no nuthin.  I can only assume it's leftover malabsorbtion from the RNY... but meanwhile I am pretty grumpy.  I am tempted to have the doc call in something liquid or a patch, but honestly I need to drive in a few days anyway so it's probably not worth it.

Good news though... no more shoulder pain, no more back pain, no more nausea, no more diarrhea, no more puking, no more lovely gallbladder-related GI symptoms.  Looks like that part of my life will be much happier now.

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

MickeyDee
on 5/19/15 8:03 pm

Nobody will give you a big gold star for suffering.  Call the doctor and ask for some liquid Lortab;  that's what I was given for post-op pain.  

Glad to hear you're not having all the misery any more.

aesposito
on 5/19/15 8:11 pm

I wanna gold star!  Wahhhh!!!

Or at least a gold steri-strip....

I know, I know, you are right... whining will get me nowhere... I'll call tomorrow. 

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

chulbert
on 5/20/15 5:40 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

Norco is just hydrocodone (Vicodin) and paracetamol (Tylenol).  Different narcotics affect people differently but its in effectiveness is probably not related to RNY malabsorption.

Norco is what they sent me home with after my RNY.  ;)

If you're in that much pain it's unacceptable.  Call and get relief.

Most Active
Recent Topics