orientation was Feb 27th

ntensegirl
on 3/11/15 1:48 am - napanee, Canada
RNY on 10/06/15

so first and foremost, orientation was feb 27th. I like to think that i was pretty prepared for all the scare tactics and all the information that was thrown at me. It definitely helped me knowing at least 4 people that have already been through the procedure or are close to their surgery date .  now comes what seems such a long wait to find out if i am actually approved to go through with it...it has almost been 2 weeks. about how long does it take to find out? 

Kathy S.
on 3/11/15 1:55 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Welcome to ObesityHelp!  We are glad that you have joined our OH community.  How did your orientation go?

As you check out OH, you'll see many features and tools that are created for our members as you embark on your WLS journey.  OH is a great place for support, research and tools to assist you with your journey.  Here are a few suggestions:

About Obesity
About Weight Loss Surgery
Medical Necessity
Post-op Planner
BMI Calculator
Health Tracker

We also have a great HELP SECTION with tutorials to assist you with navigating our site. If you need our assistance, you can reach us at [email protected]

You didn't mention what surgery type you are researching and or having.  May we suggest you post on the forum for your surgery type to reach out to those that are having the same surgery as you.

Duodenal Switch Forum (DS)

LAP-BAND Forum

Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery Forum (RNY)

Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Forum (VSG)

We look forward to your updates

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

recordsmom
on 3/11/15 3:26 am
RNY on 04/28/15

I feel like I was really fortunate because my insurance company came back with an approval in just a few days.  Turned it in on Friday and heard back on Tuesday that I had been approved.  Just waiting on test results now to schedule my surgery date.

Good luck to you!  I hope everything goes smoothly!

christinerocks
on 3/12/15 2:49 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Hi there! My surgeons office is submitting my paperwork to insurance (Aetna) for review today. I know the durations vary a lot even within insurance companies but gosh I would love a quick review! What is your insurance company?  

I have had all my tests do once Aetna approves I am ready to schedule. Wow! Good luck in all your testing. It is a lot but you will do it! 

Christine

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

recordsmom
on 3/12/15 4:01 am
RNY on 04/28/15

I have Blue Cross, Blue Shield PPO.  I live in Texas.  :)

Maria27
on 3/11/15 5:22 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

Did they tell you when you might hear something? If not, follow up. When I was waiting for insurance approval, I miraculously got an answer the day that I decided to follow up to ask when I might hear something.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

ntensegirl
on 3/12/15 1:22 am - napanee, Canada
RNY on 10/06/15

Being in Ontario canada I am not waiting for approval from insurance. In our situation it goes to a "roundtable" of doctors and then they decide if you "qualify" because it is all covered. Im getting excited to just start the journey like testing etc :)

christinerocks
on 3/12/15 2:50 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Wow that is different! I am sure the review isn't easy though.  Well congratulations on getting the journey started.  I hope all your testing and your review goes smoothly! 

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 320 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 240 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 300 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 74 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 74 views